Notices

Spiritual Experience?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spiritual Experience?

About 2 years ago I was at a low ebb and could literally only just crawl to my bed. That night I prayed to the God of my understanding, themed with the Buddhist, 3rd Noble Truth - Cessation of Suffering, I slept. The next day I woke up feeling ill. Day after I attempted a light meal with my usual tipple, after one can, I was sick and felt ill, two days later I tried the same thing only with alcohol of lesser volume, two sips I was sick again. I am now completely adverse to alcohol, my physical health slowly improved although ast 63, I suffer the viscitudes of aging, mentally I'm not to damaged, I completed an Open Universit Course in Sociolo0gy , done over a year, with a mean av.65% on my assignments but there's little doubt that the -isms still remain and as Carl Sandburg said, "A society(or individual) that forgets where it comes from, will destroy itself" so I must never forget who I am. The strange thing is that no doctor, counsellor etc. has been able to offer any explanation to this phenomena, remembering that the problems for Alcoholics lie in their minds, it is called Alcohol-ISM, the alcohol is a symptom it's the -ISMS that are they problem, I've still got some of mine but they've lessened i9n stature. Has anybody else experiencede something like this?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...I did but not as quickly as you.

Welcome to SR....
Old 09-24-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Spiritual Excperience.

Well, I didn't exactly 'light the sky' with that, which was what I expected and why I have never broadcast it to much, for the simple reason there's not tomuch empathy around, perhaps I should stay on the Buddhist Path.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm....
I can not discuss your experience with the Buddhist Path.
Sorry....I am unaware of how Budism works in ones llife.

We do have many members who are following that path.
I suggest you check out other Forums that are more active.

Good to see a new member....