Notices

Looking for something that doesn't exist

Old 10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for something that doesn't exist

When I arrived on Sober Recovery, not sooo long ago, I was looking for something that doesn't exist. I was looking for a way I could save my sister, make her sane, make her whole, make her stop destroying herself.

When I arrived here and started asking my questions, people were quick to point out that there was no answer. There is no way for me to do these things. Either she has to do them for herself or they aren't going to happen.

So I got my answer. But I'm still here.

Because I like it. And because sometimes I still need a nudge in the right direction. Thanks S.R..
Old 11-28-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I finally had a unusual dream last night. And I know it was not real! That's good news for me since most of my dreams could be real, I never know if my dreams are reality or reality are dreams.

Anyway, I was re arranging the rocks inside my pond outside and moving plants around. I have 2 turtles and was hoping that they were not bothered by this. Just as I lifted up a pond plant, a rock was stuck to the bottom of it and so was both of my turtles, but there were stuck upside down on the rock, lot's of steem came up with them and the rock, (I guess it must have been really cold outside and they were warm), I freaked out because I did not want to hurt the turtles. I tried to peel them off the rock and noticed that each turtle had grown an extra neck and head coming out of their backs. They were screaming at me like little children and wanted to go back in the pond. I was so scared for their safety and tried to put them back in , but they kept floating up to the top of the water upside down and were dying. I kept pushing them back down, but they kept popping back up and upside down. I didn't know what to do so I started crying out loud and my husband came outside to see what was wrong. He told me to wait a minute and he would be back out to take care of it. A few minutes later, he came back out but all he had was a beer for me, as he gave it to me he told everything would now be ok.

That was a very unusual dream and I don't want to analyze it. I am pretty sure that I know what it meant!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're still here. It can really help to have 'reality checks' from time to time to keep ourselves on track.

I've learnt over and over again that as I grow and change, my previously problematic relationships shift and change for the better - especially with my parents.