Notices

do you mis getting loaded?

Old 10-15-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober 6/5/2008

Do I miss getting loaded?

No. Not really.

What I DO miss are all the opportunities I passed up and all the life's blessings I squandered because getting lit was number one.

While I do sometimes briefly miss the comfort of oblivion as I survey the wasteland of my life, I realize it was my practice of daily oblivion that created and maintained that desert.

One day my life might bloom again. Maybe. If I'm good and I'm lucky. And the only way to get that skilled is to never pick up again. Ever.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I love getting loaded.

...but I don't like the long term consequences (and there are a ton...physical, mental, personal, and social.)

If getting loaded is all I do (and that's been my history for a few years), there's nothing else left. Depressing...

There are other ways I can have fun (and enrich my life).
Old 10-15-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

....sometimes.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

are we being honest here?
hell YES !!!!1
i have a pill staring at me right this second
if i took it i could get my laundry done, i could get my art finished for the flea market this weekend....
i could get my house cleaned...walk my puppy and play with him
i could eat....quit pooping until my butthole bleeds

but it's onoly been 5 days....and i'm going to just keep praying and give it to God
each day is better than the last
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Peaceful

Nope! I love my life today! It aint perfect but it sure beats getting high, killing myself! When I see people still suffering I thank god for snatching me up and pray that those people come too......
Old 10-16-2008, 05:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

In 4 days I will have 9 months clean and be picking up my yellow keytag. I can honestly say I do miss getting high at times.

However, looking at all I have accomplished being clean w/out the use of drugs, I really like the changes I have seen. I am looking forward to employment, I have taken over helping out with the finances, I have continued with my daily running of the house and keeping us above water w/out too much chaos... I have met clean and sober ppl and reached to help others as well. I also do not buy endless selfish purchases of feel good things I don't need. I also keep my appointments now without rescheduling numerous times. LOL I am way more dependable in many ways, and my attitude has changed. I am easier to get along with and am outgoing again w/out the use of false friendly opitates.

Yes, a lot of positive changes and more to come I am sure! It is worth it!

blessings, Sheila
Old 10-23-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I don’t miss getting wasted and blacking out; I do miss drinking a glass of wine though. I can feel it when I smell it and see it. Is it worth it? No – if I could have one glass and move on (you know ‘normal’), but I can’t, so I don’t. My bad night(s) was 6 months ago and it is far too vivid (well, blurry – but vividly blurry) to go back and chance it. I don’t miss hangovers, lying, wasted weekends, deciphering the night before….. I do get validation for my decision when I witness others and their drunken behavior and their deciphering of the night before – then I’m very happy and grateful I was able to hold strong!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I finally saw the light after 4 1/2 years of using many different drugs...
Do i miss getting loaded???.... Diffentley not! It was hard at first but now it just comes easier than i could ever ask for... I love it!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Yes, like the deserts miss the rain!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I miss the ease and comfort that came at one point in the process of doing the shots.....but not the realizing i'de passed up the mark and was on my way to being sullen again.