Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Where Were You?
Reload this Page >

cornered; have you surprised yourself by doing things you never thought you could?

Notices

cornered; have you surprised yourself by doing things you never thought you could?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

...simply because you had no choice other than relying on your own mettle? i'm not talking here about simply kicking nasty habits, but discovering you had abilities you never dreamed you had because you needed them for survival?
i was always noted for my outlandish imagination and creativity, until i found those skills were no longer useful for me as no one was any longer buying my art.
i have since found in myself good deductive reasoning abilities, and have dicovered on the web alone where much of my work was showcased without my knowledge or permission. no wonder nobody buys when they can look or download for free.
also, i've found i also have exellent verbal skills, which is helpful because many people intentionally try to read into what i say, but i never let them get away with it because my language has become so precise that what i say is not open to interpretation.
they say that in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king, but even with both eyes you can be helpless before an ocean of blind idiots, but 99% perspiration and 1 % inspiration is applicable to most important endeavors in life. theres no such thing as luck, especially where the bad guys out number the good guys like 500 to one.
thats all for today kids, gotta get back to my grind....