Notices

I was recently out of rehab

Old 03-12-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was recently out of rehab

when I found SR. I had been sober for two weeks or so then I slipped. I got past withdrawal and made it for almost a week then slipped again. Got past four days of withdrawal and slipped again yesterday. Now I"m cursing myself and my stupidity and crawling back up on the wagon. I want to get past day four this time.

Spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially I"m in a black hole and feel like I can't get out of it, the gravity within the hole is too strong or I'm too weak. I want to be sober so bad but I keep failing. I'm going to try again, starting today. I'm sick of being such a loser. I want to be sober. I can't stand myself and can't forgive myself for my mistakes. I must be pretty stupid to keep making the same mistakes over and over. sorry
Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I recommend going to a local AA meeting, there is nothing to fear, no judgement, no shame, just people who are just like you who will love you unconditionally and help you get through this. You can't do it alone, you need support. When I went to my first meeting 37 days ago I was amazed that there was a room full of people just like me, I thought I was the only one... and they love me and they have taken care of me. Search AA on the internet in your town or zip code and find a meeting, that's my advice.

Last edited by CarolD; 03-12-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You Gotta Forgive Yourself And Move On!! Be Proud That You Want Better And Dont Ever Give Up. You Will Feel Better Each And Everyday!!
Old 04-06-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

with me....the time i spent thinkin about or planning where i am gunna get my next drink or whatever related to my use....

I put towards something else....like making myself happy and feel great
Old 04-07-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So what did they teach you in rehab?