Notices

I found you guys at 22 1/2 months clean...

Old 12-18-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I found you guys at 22 1/2 months clean...

My life is unbelievable today, because of support like this, because of the 12 steps of NA (thank you AA, thank you so much), because I understand on a deep level that I am powerless over my addiction and my life had become unmanageable.

I am full of gratitude for the changes in my life. And, like many of us, change tends to be so uncomfortable for me. When I hit bottom, I had lost everything--not just the external stuff, like my apartment, my job, my friends...but I had lost me. There was nothing left--I was an emotional and spiritual void.

Today, my life has meaning. I love myself. In fact, the most important relationship I have today is with myself. That's not to say that I don't struggle with codependency issues. Remove the drugs, and there's some UGLY stuff left to deal with...but I'm dealing with it, facing it, embracing it...just for today.

Things are difficult for me right now--I'm facing the loss of a 2 year relationship, as well as the loss of my sponsor--both are moving far away. But because I have a whole toolbox full of solutions today, instead of hiding away, isolating, feeling sorry for myself and creating unmanagability in my life, I've gotten a new sponsor, and I am SO PROUD of myself for not following a guy. I love him, but I love me more.

So glad to be here!

Red