Notices

I was on my couch

Old 11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marijuana Addict

I was on my couch

I am on my couch, in my apartment, bored to tears. I quit smoking weed two days ago. I cant go out with my smoking friends or to my usual haunts, so I decided to look up addiction and sobriety online and voila!

ThaNinja
Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
I am on my couch, in my apartment, bored to tears. ThaNinja
It was like that for me for about two weeks, then I cracked. I used. But weeks later, I got serious about recovery again. It's gonna be like this for a while, but a good month and a half into my recovery, I have finally realized how to plan time with friends that do not involved drinking or getting high on anything.
Maybe it's time to reach out to those friends who you always liked, but never had much in common with. You might find them more compatible now that you aren't using.

I'm still fiending for some kind of buzz, but I'm no longer bored. It took close to 2 months into recovery, and it might take you longer (or shorter), but you'll figure out the new things that get you going. And although it feels hard, staying sober will help you get there easier. A clean mind leads to clearer and healthier ideas.