Notices

Realization

Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Realization

Finally after 8 months of living with my significant other, I'm realizing that he's not going to be able to do things that most take for granted. He's not able to sleep at night because he's drinking and so interested in the Television, that he can't seem to drag himself into bed, I find him asleep on the livingroom floor every morning.

I'm not able to get around easily, he knows this but still doesn't realize that he has to do things. He seems to just ignore things that most would pick themselves up over and do something about.

I've been washing our clothes in the kitchen sink, not because we have no money, but because he says that he is going to look for a washer for us, but hasn't been awake during the daytime to do so. We have no transportation other than a taxi to go anywhere. I do the shopping, the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, paying the bills, while he sleeps all day because he's been up all night drinking.

While I don't mind doing the things that I do, I would love some help with them, but there is no recognition when I mention it.

I'm here out of sheer terror for him, his father died at the age of 75 because of his own alcoholism. I'm here because today, I finally realized that if things are going to get done, it's got to be me who does it. For how long?? Possibly forever.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mystic,

I'm sorry that I missed this thread until now. Have you posted in Friends and Family of Alcoholics? You will get support there - it's a very active forum.
My best to you.

Rowan