Notices

Dead Woman Walking

Old 07-24-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Dead Woman Walking

The title says it all. I'm new to this program but AA saved my life. The path I was leading I would have died from this disease, or been in prison, what scared me more I could have killed someone. When I bottomed-out, my drinking became so destructive, black-outs. I lost my child to DHS, which made the excuse to drink even better. I had so much guilt and pain, for some reason, which I know now was God. I checked myself in a 28 day recovery center. This place saved my life, I had so much anger deep inside, my counselor Bert, (I love you, your my godsend) taught me that you can live without drinking or drugging, just have to make a few changes. He is RIGHT! My life has been so much easier, so fulfilling. I laugh so much, which I didn't before. I am going to a 6 month program soon, I will then get my beautiful daughter back! I have to move away from my old habit, but I am excited. Many opportunities and doors have opened for me. Life is Great. I was one of the ones who was negative about AA, but I was wrong. AA saved me and can save you!! I attend meetings, and live day by day, and love being sober. I love each and everyone of you, and will pray for you and your sobriety. Thank You, Sober in Oklahoma.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey there welcome! It sounds like you have been thru a lot. You have the attitude of gratitude that can pull you out of some bad places.

Keep moving forward. Prayers and (((((BIGHUGS))))) going out for you.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober in New York State

thanks

That blog was great. I identify on the AA thing. Hates the rooms forever until about 2.5yrs ago. Now I love Aa cause aa has given me a life. I also got custody of my daughter when she was 1 years old.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been fighting AA all the way for years and years now. Im so glad to have come upon your thread.

Thank you.