Notices

Exhausted and unable to sleep in the middle of the night

Old 02-24-2007, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exhausted and unable to sleep in the middle of the night

It was several months ago. I was exhausted and unable to sleep. I was lonely and felt like I was going to go crazy from all the lies and broken promises. I don't even remember what I typed in my search engine trying to find answers and trying to not feel so alone, but somehow I found SR and found out I was not alone and I was not the only one....and that is when I realized that I could not control someone else and that trying to do so was going to drive me crazy. Then, these kind people at SR pointed towards the twelve steps and to finding support through Alanon...and somehow, with the help of my higher power, I am starting to heal. I still have old habits and reactions that are hard to break, but I feel less out of control and I look to my higher power.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will take time and it is well worth it. Take one day at a time...Our HP will work with you in your need and trust me it all works. I have gone to Alanon meetings 4 times now and I finally broke free of what is truly bothering me with the friends you make who have similiar situations. Its unbelievable how I feel with having part of the monkey off my back lastnight; I bared my heartache. I have ways to go.

My motto now is "Let Go Let God"...I think about my ex cocaine user boyfriend and I dwell on the thought and then I let it go to God to deal with to own it. He is the only one who can take care of him...I sure can't. I miss my ex very much and honestly I have to give him up to God to deal with. I was never a true believer of God, I sure am now...it truly works! I opened up to my HP. You can too. I also believe that I was lead on the path to my ex to understand that I need to work on myself. Then to begin my new journey.

Times heals wounded hearts and heads. Take care of yourself...you are more important.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The First three Steps

In truth, the first three steps are the easiest, many people have taken these without realising it when they step through the doors to their first AA meeting, but remember it is the giudance gived and adherence to the,'Doctor's Opinion' and the first 164 pages of the book,'Alcoholice Anonymous' that forms the basis of AA, you must take the action! Good luck
Old 10-29-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just do it.

Okay, little bit puzzled here, remebering to attack the arguement not the person, according to this site you became a member in 2006, yet in your thread you suggest you found SRC only 'several months' ago, no much progess there then. I'm planning a jail break, are you in or out, matter for you, are you going to start recovering from your addiction or not, I think it is time to,'grasp the nettle', I mean we're all here ready to do what we can, ande I'm at the front, so like the Nike ad. says,Just do it'okay,Michael.