Notices

in the pits

Old 01-01-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

in the pits

i was living on the streets steeling spending time in and out of jail and rehab didnt care about myself or anybody else until i bumped into my mother after a long time of destruction, surprisingly all she offered was help yet again but this time it hit home that for years all my family even after all the trouble i had caused still cared for me and that realy hurt me , my parents paid for several lots of detox because i was so far gone on heroin and alcohol they refused to detox in one go, i spent 14 months in the rehabs slowly making my way of the day i was released i got the train home and scored befor i got to my parents house and turned up smashed, they didnt seem to surprised think they sort of expected it to take more than it did and yet agian gave support, this time it was enough i got the best doctor ever i was very lucky and she and my family spent all thier time helping me, i have been clean with only a couple of very minor slips in the first year for 27 months now say 16 completely, im a stronger and happier person still have urges every day but now i know what life is i just want more and i aint giving that up for nobody, the only thing i find really hard is getting out again and being social i realy have made so much of a name and face for myself people still stand of and police to this day still stop me every time they see me but im a winner in the end as also only a few weeks ago i finished my HCV treatment which tests so far show it to be 100% succesful,

Last edited by albob; 01-01-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi albob... good for you for keeping the winning in mind!!! I too struggle each day with the social thing and wonder if it will be a struggle forever, but generally my situation continues to improve with each day clean and sober, even the downright depressing moments have far more hope attached than the days when i was trapped in the using mode... it's true that our reputations precede us, but when we are honest with our stories and our recovery, we can find the courage to change ourselves ,so too will others opinions change, and generally for the better...keep on keeping on with recovery albob!!!!