Does anyone know about suboxone tapering?

Old 06-29-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Munkyface

Does anyone know about suboxone tapering?

Hey everone!!
I'm wondering if anyone else out there is using Suboxone? I am... and now I'm starting to taper down. Any experience's with this? I am sooooo scared. The reason I even did heroin for so long was fear of that sickness!! I know some of you know what I mean on that one!!! Please help ease my mind, actually be as truthfull as possible , i'm expecting the worst anyway!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

redS, glad to hear your on the right road. Personaly i belive that subutex is a saviour for some of us addicts...Me included.I take subutex...
I get 0.8mg but only take 0.4.I have found that i can control it not.It controling me.Like the methadone,phew i was so glad to get off that.

The detox which ive done before from subs is realativly easy with medical surport.Your Dr should give you the right combination that you will need.Its a life savior for me..Its easier than the lot to come off, i found/find that i can control it in the best way..for me ...

Good Luck n Keep it up.... Life is worth it...!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Munkyface

Thanks so much for your support Arura. Is the subutex the same thing or ...?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redskittle
Hey everone!!
I'm wondering if anyone else out there is using Suboxone? I am... and now I'm starting to taper down. Any experience's with this? I am sooooo scared. The reason I even did heroin for so long was fear of that sickness!! I know some of you know what I mean on that one!!! Please help ease my mind, actually be as truthfull as possible , i'm expecting the worst anyway!!!
Hi, I'm using Suboxone. That's why I became a member of this chat forum today. Because of the same reason you are. I'm concerned with tapering. I'm down to 1 mg. per day. I can't afford to see my doc very often, so it's like I'm sort of on my own. I don't feel really really well, but not too bad. I went to work today. I keep thinking if I start exercising more, I might feel better. I have nausea today. I don't know. This is new to me too. I'm scared too. I wish I had more to say to you.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redskittle
Thanks so much for your support Arura. Is the subutex the same thing or ...?
Hi again redskittle. I just saw that you asked if subutex is the same as suboxone. It is the same, except subuxone has something in it, I forget the name, that helps with cravings. It doesn't make you as dizzy. I tried both. Keep hanging in there. I hope by the time I check this thread tomorrow you will reply to me. Just knowing there's someone else out there.... know what I mean?
Old 03-17-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

subutex or subuxone?

im pretty much at the end of my line here. i have been taking opiates for quite a while and want to make a change. i have tried quitting cold turkey but my job demands high work load which tires me out faster than the aver age. eo i see a physician in regards to the medication. any advice? i also live i hawaii, to those that live here, any specific docotors would
you recommend