Think It Through

Old 06-28-2006, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Think It Through

There are a few things that you must respond to immediately. In most cases, though, an immediate response, without taking the time to think it though, can be worse than no response at all.

Give yourself some valuable space between what happens and what you choose to do about it. And in that space, use your powerful mind, use your experience, use your perspective, use your intuition to craft a positive, effective response.

Lean toward under-reacting rather than overreacting. Not only will you reduce your levels of frustration and anxiety, you'll be able to more effectively handle the challenges that life brings you.

Learn to be ok with the fact that something will not be immediately resolved. Then calmly, thoughtfully, carefully and diligently move forward to obtain the most positive, valuable outcome.

If you're faced with an emergency, then by all means take action right away. Just keep in mind that emergencies are relatively rare, and in most situations you'll be far better off when you take the time to get it right.

A smart response will almost always take you further than a quick, ill-considered response. Invest the time to think it through, and that investment will reap great rewards.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

In most cases, though, an immediate response, without taking the time to think it though, can be worse than no response at all.

Give yourself some valuable space between what happens and what you choose to do about it. And in that space, use your powerful mind, use your experience, use your perspective, use your intuition to craft a positive, effective response.
Taking pause before I respond helps me to make better choices instead of simply "reacting" to the issue. I find I have fewer regrets and am less likely to be drawn in to someone else's emotion. When I react I become a reflection of what is being sent my way, but when I choose my response it comes from a better place, my own heart.

Hugs,
Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I bite.

For the most part I agree.

However, sometimes I truly am better off when I react or just "go with my gut". I can't really explain it. It's like my intuition is better for me than my thoughts.