Make Use of Today

Old 06-15-2006, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Make Use of Today

No matter what you do, or what you fail to do, the moments of this day will pass at a steady and unrelenting pace. Today will move right along, and there's no way you can stop it or hold on to it.

What you can do, however, is make full use of it. What you can do is make something of lasting value out of the fleeting moments of this day.

Yes, you could choose to put forth the very minimum effort required to simply make it through the day. Yet all that will do is take you to tomorrow, where the only thing you'll have to show for it is the need to make it through still another day.

Instead, use this day to grow, to learn, to act and move and build and accomplish. Rather than seeking to merely make it through, choose to truly make it count for something great.

Time is already moving steadily ahead. Make the decision, right now, to move ahead with it.

Make full and joyous use of the unique moment in time where you now find yourself. You've been given the valuable gift of this day, so step forward and claim its special treasures.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-15-2006, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this dear Ann. I know this in my head ... just have to muster up the motivation.

love and hugs,

deedee
Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I bite.

Instead, use this day to grow, to learn, to act and move and build and accomplish. Rather than seeking to merely make it through, choose to truly make it count for something great.
For me this also means to sometimes slow down and take some time just for myself. The world will still be there when I am ready.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Make full and joyous use of the unique moment in time where you now find yourself. You've been given the valuable gift of this day, so step forward and claim its special treasures.
I love that line. I've taken a break from working for a few months, just to have some "me" time and relax for a while, and maybe change what I want to be when I grow up, LOL.

It's the most beautiful time of the years here in Canada, spring heading into summer, and I have made a point of taking time each day to just "enjoy" the peace and walk or sit by the water, but special time to be aware of all the beauty around me and say a prayer of gratitude. It's too easy to just let the days fly by. Life is short and as I get older it gets shorter, and this codie has a lot of lost time to make up for.