Give It Meaning

Old 06-08-2006, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Give It Meaning

A life of meaning is built out of days that have meaning. Before each day arrives, give it meaning.

Give each day meaning by deciding in advance what you will do with it. Then, when each day arrives you'll be anxious to get going and enthusiastic as you move through it, for it will have a positive purpose.

Don't waste your time looking back with regret at what you have failed to accomplish. Instead, look forward and fill each upcoming day with the challenge, the effort, the commitment, the growth and achievement that will give it real meaning.

Life is as full as you wish to make it. Each day is your opportunity to fill your life with precisely the things that mean the most to you.

By doing so, you will not only be creating fulfillment in your own life. You'll also be giving your own special gifts to the world around you.

Choose to fill each upcoming day with beauty, with love, with effort, effectiveness, discipline, commitment, focus, passion, and meaning. And truly enjoy the fact that life is what you make it.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-08-2006, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Life is as full as you wish to make it. Each day is your opportunity to fill your life with precisely the things that mean the most to you.

By doing so, you will not only be creating fulfillment in your own life. You'll also be giving your own special gifts to the world around you.
That is so very true, for me. I can squander my days in regret or doing nothing, or I can take even an overcast day and find the sunshine. The choice is mine, how I choose to live is entirely up to me and my attitude.

The bonus is that when I choose to have a beautiful day, the light spreads to all those around me. A beautiful day can be contagious.

Hugs,
Old 06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I bite.

This may or may not apply to the topic at hand but.....

I live sort of in the country (but not country enough for me!) and the roads in the area are dirt and gravel.

This morning I pulled out of my driveway and got about 50 feet down the road when I saw a small painted turtle crossing the road. He was between the size of a baseball and softball.

He kind of stopped and sat there when I stopped the car to wait for him. Then he continued on as fast as he could go (which is pretty fast considering). At the edge of the road he had to go up a little hill but it maybe looked big to him. As he climbed I watched him struggle and slide a bit on the leaves and such. But he kept digging in and fighting his way up. Finally he got to the top and continued on into the woods.

I sat there for a moment in peace. What a cool thing to see first thing in the morning! I decided to make it my attitude for the day that no matter what happens, I would just dig in and keep pushing on. And if things got bad, I'd just think of that turtle.

I wonder where the little guy is now.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love that story, Grinmar. I too live somewhere between city and country, on the lake, and watching the birds and the little family of foxes who come by to entertain me each morning and at dusk, I too feel peace, that all is exactly the way it is supposed to be right now.

I'm going to remember that turtle and your story, and think of it each time I feel "stuck" or find an obstacle in my path.

Hugs,