Elder's Meditation - May 19

Old 05-19-2006, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - May 19

"To be able to greet the sun with the sounds from all of Nature is a great blessing, and it helps us to remember Who is the real provider of all of our benefits."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

The Elders say we should pray to the East every morning. Just try it! Get up early in the morning, watch the sun and listen to the morning sounds, the birds, the winds; smell the air, feel the breeze and the warmth of the sun. Your mid will expand and you will experience oneness with the Great Spirit. You'll realize who is really in charge. You'll realize an interconnectedness. You'll realize how much the Creator loves you! Just try it!

Great Spirit, today, let me feel the Earth, the Father Sun and your presence.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Even though I'm not working right now, I get up early and about 7 am sit on my deck with my cat and my coffee and just listen to the birds over the lake. Also, we have a cute family of foxes in the woods next to the property and the mom, dad and four babies all stroll along the shoreline heading out for "breakfast"

It's moment like that when prayer becomes a feeling, and gratitude for all the beauty nature brings surrounds me and fills me with peace.