Elder's Meditation - April 30

Old 04-30-2006, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - April 30

Modern civilization has no understanding of sacred matters. Everything is backwards."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

Modern civilization says, don't pray in school; don't pray at work; only go to church on Sunday. If you don't believe what I believe, you'll go to hell. Deviancy is normal. Our role models cheat, drink and run around; these are the people in the news. The news sells bad news; no one wants to hear good news. Kids are killing kids. Victims have little protection. Violence is normal. Leaders cheat and lie. Everything is backwards. We need to pray for spiritual intervention. We need to have guidance from the Creator to help us rebuild our families, our communities and ourselves. Today, I will pray for spiritual intervention from the Great Spirit.

Grandfather, we pray for your help in a pitiful way.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I so much agree with this reading today. Children who are raise with no spiritual example or education, whether it is religious or simply a respect for all practices and being taught to understand the underlying spiritual principles of loving each other, being kind, brotherhood, good and evil, right and wrong, have no grasp on finding inner peace and goodness.

I see nothing wrong with the word God, or Budda, or Great Spirit, or any other word that represents a higher power of the universe and nothing but right in incorporating spiritual practice and understanding in our schools, in our workplace and in our nations constitutions.

Perhaps if we understood each other's practices and beliefs, we wouldn't be so afraid of offending those whose beliefs differ from our own. Fear of being politically incorrect have deprived so many of spiritual brotherhood and love.

Hugs,