Elder's Meditation - April 8

Old 04-08-2006, 02:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - April 8

"The very dust upon which you now stand responds more lovingly to [my people's] footsteps than to yours, because it is rich with the blood of our ancestors and our bare feet are conscious of the sympathetic touch."
--Chief Sealth, DUWAMISH

If you respect something, it will respect you back. If your ancestors respected something, the future generations will be respected back. The Indian ancestors always showed great respect for the Earth. That's why the Earth is so respectful to Indians today. Every Indian naturally feels connectedness to the Earth. We know the Earth holds our ancestors. If we continue to respect Mother Earth, our children will benefit and so will our grand- children. Today, we should think about and pray for our Mother Earth.

Grandmother, let me have strong feelings for our Earth today.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I always hated shoes!! I remember as a kid my friend stepped on a large nail that went into her foot. All the adults agreed that should warn me to wear my shoes - but as I pointed out 'She had been wearing shoes!!'.

Mind you - I don't walk barefoot outside so much as an adult and I find the ground less sympathetic to my only half hard feet!!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love walking barefoot on the beach. It's still too cold for that, but one day soon when the sun warms the sand, there is just no better feeling in the world.

Warm sand, cool water and bare feet...life is good.