High Standards

Old 04-07-2006, 03:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

High Standards

Set your standards high, and life will arrange itself to meet those standards. Go forward with the best of expectations, and those expectations will be reflected back to you in the world you experience.

When you compromise your most deeply held values, there's nothing you can gain that will be worth what you have given up. Stay true to who you are, and the progress you make will have real meaning.

Keep your standards high, and you won't be burdened with regrets. Choose the path that you know to be right, for yourself, for those around you, for your world, and even when the difficulties come you'll find the strength to keep going.

Hold yourself to the highest standards in every situation, with no resentment or self-pity for choosing to do so. For you are creating real value that cannot be taken away.

Keep your standards high, and when you see an opportunity to do so, raise them even higher. What were once peaks will soon become valleys, and what was once unimaginable will become real.

With the highest of standards, move confidently and lovingly through each day. Set a powerfully positive tone for your world, and it will be a beautiful place to live.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When you compromise your most deeply held values, there's nothing you can gain that will be worth what you have given up. Stay true to who you are, and the progress you make will have real meaning.
Amen. My program provides me with opportunity to continue my personal inventory each day, and when I am honest with myself I can clearly see where my weak areas might be and this helps me to continue being the best person I can be, not perfect, but honest and true about who I am and what I stand for.

When I am true to myself and true to my honour and values, I remain connected spiritually and no matter what happens, no matter what people think or say about me, I know in my heart that all is well.

To thine own self be true.
I've always loved that and even moreso now that I understand just what that means.

Hugs,
Old 04-07-2006, 04:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

to this post, Ann.
Thanks for sharing it.

Shalom!
Old 04-07-2006, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am practicing honest self apprasel at the moment. Something which is very useful for long term happiness.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ann