Elder's Meditation - March 24

Old 03-24-2006, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - March 24

"Our religion is the traditions of our ancestors—the dreams of our old men, given them in the solemn hours of night by the Great Spirit; and the visions of our sachems, and is written in the hearts of our people."
--Chief Seattle, DWAMISH

Our Spiritual ways have carefully been given to chosen people. Slowly, through our past generations, through past conflicts, our Elders prayed for guidance, which the Creator provided. Then it was passed down to the next generation through culture, ceremony and oral traditions. our Indian religion has been tested and is about how we should behave and treat other people, animals and the earth. This knowledge is written in the heart of every person. We can find this knowledge by looking inside ourselves.

My Creator, today, when conflict occurs, I will look inside myself for the answers.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

our Indian religion has been tested and is about how we should behave and treat other people, animals and the earth.
If we care because of religion - but we care, all good!! If we care for any reason, all good. The consequences of not caring are anything but good.