Elder's Meditation - March 9

Old 03-09-2006, 03:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - March 9

"In the life of the Indian there was only one inevitable duty, the duty of prayer, the daily recognition of the Unseen and Eternal. His daily devotions were more necessary to him than daily food."
--Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX

The most important habit one can develop is the daily act of prayer. Prayer is our eyes, our ears, our feelings, our success, our guidance, our life, our duty, our goal. There really is only prayer and meditation. We can only help others through prayer. We can only help ourselves through prayer. You can never become an Elder unless you pray. You can never stay an Elder unless you pray. You never get wisdom unless you pray. You never understand unless you pray.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You never get wisdom unless you pray. You never understand unless you pray.
I respectfully disagree. But then I would, I don't believe in god! I think it gets jhard to learn from each other's wisdoms while maintaining without them sharing our beliefs it is impossible for them to have any!!

I'm an aitheist that sees much wisdom within believers, I feel lucky for the freedom to see and recognise that, my life wouldn't be as rich without it.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I can only speak for myself here, and prayer is what keeps my spirit connected with that power (that I call God) greater than myself. I find peace in my faith that God will look after me and that life unfolds as it should. And in that peace, I find wisdom, perhaps divinely inspired, or perhaps just being at peace through prayer and meditation allows clarity of my own thoughts. Whatever it is, it works for me.

That said, I gain wisdom from others too, believers or not, and I have learned much of what I know today by listening to other people. It is my own thoughts, my inner knowledge if you will, that comes through to me through prayer and meditation.

Hugs,