Needless Needs

Old 02-20-2006, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Needless Needs

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by making the most of this moment. If you feel any fear or apprehension, learn what it has to teach you and then move on beyond it.

Much of what holds you back is based on your fear of losing something or your desire to acquire something you do not really need. Let go of your need to need so much, and abundance will flow in to fill the space those needs are now using.

The needs you've devised for yourself can be very comfortable. And yet their comfort keeps you confined in a narrow, limited corner of life.

Choose to break free of the needs that you don't really need. Choose to let go of the cravings, obsessions, habits, worries and anxieties that do nothing but hold you back.

Remember that you're capable of quickly learning, adapting and thriving in new and different situations. There is a world of boundless opportunity just a few steps outside your comfort zone.

When you find yourself feeling that you need something, stop, step back and ask yourself if you really do. The more of those needless needs you can leave behind, the faster ahead you will go.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 02-20-2006, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It wasn't that long ago I didn't even own my own bed!! I would rent a room.

Now I have a house and mortgage and it can feel like losing them would seal my fate, yet I know before I had them I was also happy!! Financial security is supposed to ease so much (and it does) but with it comes the fear of loss, with it I work a job I don't enjoy but slowly I'm coming to learn.

I'm not sure what I need, food, shelter, company (although not all the time!) - beyond that??

Perhaps the biggest need of all is to learn - I KNOW I need to learn.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been reading Marianne Williamson lately.
She very much agrees with that phrase "most of what holds you back is based on your fear".
She believes that real change only occurs when we move from a fear-based mentality to a love-based mentality.
And that fear/ego is what truly holds us back from living a more joyful and serene life.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I bite.

Do that which you fear to do and the fear will die.