Your thoughts... tsk, tsk...

Old 01-24-2006, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dan

Your thoughts... tsk, tsk...

It is fortunate that we can think in secret, because our thoughts would quickly get us in trouble if others could read them. In our thoughts, we can choose what we wish to reveal to others before we speak or act.
In the long run, however, we do not really conceal our true thoughts and feelings. The nature of our thoughts shapes our character and becomes part of us. It even affects our appearance. It is not difficult at all to identify people who are fearful, angry, or jealous.

This process has its good side, because kind thoughts and feelings also affect our appearance, and in positive ways. Norman V. Peale wrote that "God runs a beauty parlor," meaning that plain people with gracious thoughts tend to become more attractive as years wear on.
We need not fear our own thoughts and feelings if we are continuing to work the program. As the sober years stretch out, we will be improving our thoughts and feelings, and this will tell others what the program is doing for us and through us.

I'll remember today that I don't really keep my thoughts and feelings secret. I will think well of myself and all others. I know that there are no hidden thoughts in the long run.

From the book Walk in Dry Places.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm one of those people who wear their hearts on their sleeve, it is obvious to anyone how I am feeling just by looking at me. I'm not good at hiding even the thoughts I would like to, like anger, sadness, impatience and stress.

The only way to hide it, for me, is from the inside out. Changing my thoughts to something more positive, changing my attitude to one of gratitude, does more for my appearance than all the makeup and great hair products can ever claim to do.

Thanks for this reminder to begin my day with a "thank you" and a smile.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dan, I too like Ann wear my heart on my sleave.....
My face is a give a way of how I feel and think....
What a wonderful reminder....
Old 01-25-2006, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am busy absorbing this Dan. Great thoughts here.
And now I can tell Mr. Hope that I am more beautiful with each passing day, because of my gracious thoughts. (okay, I could not resist)

Truly...this is one I am printing out. thank you thank you..again
Hope
Old 01-25-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I bite.

This is a great post.

A good reminder that who I am on the inside always shows on the outside (despite how many walls I try and put up).

So if I let go of all the negative thoughts and nurture the postive ones, I will be better on the outside but more importantly on the inside.