Just as Easy

Old 01-11-2006, 12:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just as Easy

It is just as easy to focus your thoughts on something positive in your life as it is to focus on something negative. It is just as easy to be sincerely thankful for your blessings as it is to be bitter and angry about your problems.

Maintaining a positive outlook on life requires no more effort than it takes to go around with a negative attitude. And that positive approach will bring much more value, meaning and fulfillment to your life.

Staying positively focused requires no special skills or resources or position. All it takes is a choice.

All it takes is the conscious choice to break away from the burdensome habit of negativity. It is a choice you can make right now, and in every moment that follows.

Make that choice, and your limiting fears will be overwhelmed by purposeful determination. Make that choice, and your most difficult challenges will become your greatest opportunities.

Living with a positive focus is just as easy as spending your precious time immersed in negativity. And it's a whole lot more enjoyable, too.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 01-11-2006, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

I love this one, Ann.
And I've found that keeping a gratitude journal is very helpful to me. Whenever I'm feeling lower than a snake, I look at that journal. I remember all of my blessings. I usually remember one or two more, each and every time I open it up.
And I return to the state of gratitude.
To be positive or negative....It is a choice we make.

Shalom!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yep I believe that too and I have started to recognize that I can feed one or the other which ever one I feed the most is the one that comes out on top. Just like this morning I posted how my head was talking to me and I made a decission not to listen to it and now I am doing fine. It takes practice but I am willing to keep at it also.

Love Vic
Old 01-11-2006, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We can't stop negative thoughts from entering our minds sometimes, but we can make a choice how long we will "entertain" them.

Those sneaky devils "woulda, coulda, shouda" and their friends "if only, what if, and fear" all try to sneak in the back way, and when that happens to me I get out my recovery broom of gratitude and sweep them all away.

Here's a broom for ya, Vic, just in case you ever need it.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

wow!!!
Yeap, it's that easy. You know Ann, I've been paying attention
to lot of what your writing lately, other threads and books I've
reading and my own writing. So I kinda put everything together.
It took sometimes or there was a process to it. it's a trip.
I had one of those ahha moment and experince.

Lastnight, my mind was acting up again.
I ceased fighting with it.
In the past however, I just let it run it's course and spin itself out
until it became still. I learned it through meditation.
But last night for some stupid reason..taking responsibility
and I have the power. Right here, right now.

I simply commanded or told my mind to shut the HELL up.
I ceased fighting with it,
STOP NOW, non-negotiable, no fights, no fuss, no reasons, no fears.
It was a simple direct command.
It stopped in that wholy instance, that fast...wow!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Ann
We can't stop negative thoughts from entering our minds sometimes, but we can make a choice how long we will "entertain" them.

Those sneaky devils "woulda, coulda, shouda" and their friends "if only, what if, and fear" all try to sneak in the back way, and when that happens to me I get out my recovery broom of gratitude and sweep them all away.

Here's a broom for ya, Vic, just in case you ever need it.

Hugs
Ann
Thanks Ann I need that sometimes. You know since this morning when I changed the way that I was in fact thinking, I confronted it as just the BS that goes on in my head and said that I would not Pay attention to it. I have ended up having a pretty serene day. I am grateful especially for all of you guys and gals that help me in so many ways. I love and respect you all.

Love Vic