Years Past It Was Planet Angel Dust

No More
Old 12-11-2005, 02:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Ohoh, I didn't do it...did I?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dan, you make my head hurt... LOL but in a good way.

So let me see..some of the greatest relationships in my life today, I can thank this old computer for Yes, that is a true thing for sure. Mr. Hope tops out that list.

If I began communicating with someone and I chose to stop, then there is a reason for that. If someone chooses to stop communication with me, then there must be a reason as well.

For me, it takes two people being "equally" interested in one another for the communication to continue. Once that is a sure thing, it will take much more for that relationship online to survive.
I need someone that shares in my values, and I need someone that I feel I can trust. I also need someone that can trust themselves. Again..just some of the things on my list of what it would take to continue going forth. I do NOT fair well, with people that lie.

So for now, because I am a bit weary tonight, those are just some of the thoughts that come to mind. When a relationship is right we know it, and when it is wrong, we know that too. What helps me most is to quit trying to make something BE what it clearly just is not going to be. So...I don't. I make my peace with it, and I invest where I get my "returns". So far, it is working very nicely for me...
Hopefloats
Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Don't forget, Dan, that people on here are at different stages in their recovery. And that many of us are very good at talking the talk, but not quite there in terms of walking the walk. Hard to see if actions match words in this medium.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Dan

How'd them cookies turn out, Chy?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I bite.

This thread is really hitting close to home for me today (and the last couple of weeks actually).

There is a woman that I have been in touch with online for about the past year. I have kept nothing from her and been honest with where I am in life. I think she has done the same. We would email and chat on aim.

Light turning out a light, she has just changed. The emails have dropped way off and she won't reply when on aim.

There is nothing I can do about it.

I went through my little angry/sad pity party but now it's time to just accept it. I am thankful for sharing with her and that she was in my life.

So today I am letting her go and taking care of ME.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I must have missed out on some contention going on around here. Seems that people are upset and leaving/taking breaks from SR... and I'm not sure why. I'm sorry that this is the case.

I agree with what others here have said - there is often nuance missed in this medium, visual cues are absent, and it's easy to flip a switch and walk away from a screen when things go awry (not so easy with a real, live person). However, I still think we gain so much value from participating here - I know I certainly have - and I feel I have made friends here. Not sure where I'm going with this, actually, so I'll stop here!

I do wish that things weren't going badly, though. I miss those of you who take leave.

--anne