Word Focus

Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Word Focus

Here are some of the words that have popped up in my mind recently, and seem to me of importance:

Courage

Integrity

Compassion.

By focusing on these, I seem to get a slight but definite understanding of them - and then an adaption of them in my behaviour. Words, I think, are metaphysical and great for adding new "layers" into life. If I spend ten mintues rolling one of these words through my mind, the rest seems to follow.

Give it a try!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

Interesting...

Old 11-29-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm a word lover!! I look them up constantly, whenever there's something that catches my eye.

I think in words, words are my means of allowing fellow humans to see a little inside me, words allow the exchange of ideas, their meanings change over time, new ones are born and others slowly die.

Down south they don't say 'mardy' it's beyond me how to live without that word, meaning the whine from a kid or when an adults behaviour results from some small (not significant) resentment.

For new words I love 'minging' - I love the sound and sentiment. I can't imagine any word better to describe leaving behind toenail clippings, or something that's evolving in the fridge.

For old words I wish honourable and honour etc were still used as much today, I can't find a more modern replacement that has the same feel to it and it's hard to imagine life without a word for that.

I also love and use the word compassion, I like it's levelling gentleness, it seems to step back and smile warmly, it's so many of the things I see that make me smile on my inside. It's accessible and makes so much pleasure.

I can't think of many words I hate though, even ones that can be unpleasant seem to have their own descriptive quality.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Mantras, without having to put on a robe and hassle people for donations at the airport.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dan
Mantras, without having to put on a robe and hassle people for donations at the airport.
lol he he he.