Driving My Stake In The Ground

Old 11-10-2005, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Driving My Stake In The Ground

Yep I have decided that I am MOVING ON...I am going to find my way and what works for me. Lately things have been working really well so that is what I am going to continue to do. Last night I went to a f2f meeting and one of the people from our group that had 10 years of sobriety went out and some of the people there were laughing about it and putting him down that was Bull **** I hope that I never end up like that. None of us are better than anyone else I hope that we all remember that we are all suppose to be where we are at the given moment and none of us are cured.

I wish you all the best...

Love Vic
Old 11-10-2005, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ignore whoever you want to ignore lucky.

Think things through, don't jump to any rash conclusions, and stick around SR.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I second what five said Vic. If the meetings aren't doing it for you right now, maybe chill on them for awhile or try some different one's or look into some different methods. Don't take this the wrong way, but you have been sounding a bit on the "unstable" side lately. I see this in myself when I'm getting ready to go out and do someting stupid. You are kinda up and down emotionally it sounds like. Of course I can only tell from what you post, but I know when I get like that it is really a danger sign. Anyway, I hope you at least stick around here, you would be missed. Take care.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by tyler
You are kinda up and down emotionally it sounds like. Of course I can only tell from what you post, but I know when I get like that it is really a danger sign. Anyway, I hope you at least stick around here, you would be missed. Take care.
Well I think that I might have been miss interputed here but that is OK>>I am doing really well actually, I have been doing my meetings, working on my steps, etc, etc...But I just get so damn mad when people, gossip about people and then when someone of 10 years of sobriety goes back out a few of them think that it is funny. I don't see anything funny about that, it is sad. I know when I said that I am driving a stake in my ground that I am going to keep doing what I have been doing.

I have found my way I think and it is not my way it is the AA and NA way. I am so grateful for life today, for a chance again at sobriety, for a chance do do things different. GOD = Good Orderly Direction, Doing the NEXT RIGHT THING, Karma, whatever I am open to alot of things here. I am been being a productive member of society, and that is tuff stuff, sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it yet when I look back over my first step I know damn well that it is worth all the pain that I have to go through. I look at my second step and I know that there is hope.

I am not leaving SR I don't think that I implied that but maybe I did when I said "I wish you all the best" Well I didn't mean it to say that I was leaving SR I do wish you all the best in finding whatever works for you. We all have to find our own reason to stay, we can quit anytime but learning how to stay stopped is my goal today. Ok I have to go clean up and get ready for a meeting that is MY RECOVERY as well..

Love Vic
Old 11-10-2005, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I bite.

Originally Posted by luckyv2
...when someone of 10 years of sobriety goes back out a few of them think that it is funny.
What do you mean by "goes back out". That is confusing me.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Grimnar
What do you mean by "goes back out". That is confusing me.
When they go back out and drink and drug after being in the program for 10 years and he was quite an amazing person as well. I know that this disease will never be gone until the time that we die and for me to think that I have a grip on it, then I am opening the door to the disease again in my life. Ok I really hate this disease and what it does to people, their lives, families, society, and etc. I hope that NONE of US have to GO back out and if WE do I hope that no one thinks that it is funny cause it is not it is truely sad..

Love Vic
Old 11-10-2005, 08:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Glad you've found what's working for you Vic, and that you're not going anywhere!! Ya just had me a little worried. Take care.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You sound strong vic. Great to see you have found something that is working for you.

Keep us posted.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Five You sound strong vic. Great to see you have found something that is working for you.

Keep us posted.
I feel that way thanks, I have been working really hard deep within myself and I feel good about me and what I have acomplished so far. I know I don't have a lot of clean and sober time (almost 8 months now) but I feel as if something has finally clicked and I am grateful for that today..

tyler Glad you've found what's working for you Vic, and that you're not going anywhere!! Ya just had me a little worried. Take care.
Thanks Tyler you know I have always admired you here at SR and I am glad that you think of me..It does feel good to feel needed..and cared for..

OK I have to get ready for a meeting and etc. so I have to cut this short for now but I will say more later..

Love Vic
Old 11-11-2005, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Originally Posted by luckyv2
But I just get so damn mad when people, gossip about people and then when someone of 10 years of sobriety goes back out a few of them think that it is funny.
As with anywhere else, yer gonna have buffoons in the midst.

Once I realized that, my world got a lot easier to live in