BREAKING BONADUCE-- ( Danny Partridge

Old 10-31-2005, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

BREAKING BONADUCE-- ( Danny Partridge

Hi all

Just wondering if any of you have caught the show on VH1 called
Breaking Bonaduce??

The show is about Danny Bonaduce, he is Danny Partridge ( yep I think I may have spelled it wrong, but you get the point ) (By the way can some one tell me how to spell it?, I think I may be young, because I remember the show, but, very, very little of it, only like a couple of episodes, so either I didn't like The Partridge Family, or I only seen a few because I was to young, so if anyone knows around what years it was on TV, please let me know, Thanks.. )
Ok, now that I have all that out, lol,,, About the show,, It is based around his life, his job, his ACTIVE ADDICTIONS,, and so far, the last show I watched, he had been confronted by his wife, and therapist, and I believe some of his friends,,, and he was in treatment, some of the detox in the beginning that they were showing, wasn't to realistic, he had been using alot of pain killers, and alcohol, and not sure what else, but the detox looked like much of nothing,, on TV, we all know that is not the truth,, other than that,,
I LOVE, LOVE this show.. It's gREAT!!!
He may be leaving, walking out of treatment tonight,, I am going to watch it now,, on VH1..

If anyone has seen it,, please,, let me know your opinion of the show..

I LOVE his Therapist,, (and his wife's,, not the therapists in treatment, but the one him and hsi wife sees)...

Thanks..

Love Ya all,
Becky
Old 10-31-2005, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

He's now in rehab. It wasn't on last night though..
Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

I watched it the other night,, and I posted this long post here,,
But I went to hit smbit, and my stupid computer has been having problems,
and I lost the WHOLE post,, UGH.. So, I just figured I'd post later..

So, I guess it's later now,, but my memory is so bad, lol.
I just remembe that I LOVED that show.. I just love the show,
the only thing I didn't agree with,, was when he was in rehab, and detoxing
all they showed was him sitting in the bathroom by the toilet, writing, or reading, or something like that,, then they showed him doing push-ups, looking a bit uncomfortable, and sweating,, well well all KNOW DETOX is not that EASY,, LOL..
Nothing really like that, at least I sure can say that,,, Not one of mine were that easy..

But other than that, ok, on the show before this one,, Dan was angry, he did NOT
want to be in REHAB at all, he said he was there for his wife, family,, BUT,, after he
walked out of a activity they were doing, with his wife participating, and he had been acting very foolish, he said he was leaving rehab,, well, I must have missed something, because this show,, he was bittter I beliee in the beginning, then suddenly, as he was working on himself, and they really had him doing alot of work,,
physically, and mentally,, he began to change his attitude,, until you could just see the change happening in him, it was so cool, he was haapy to be there, happy tobe working on himself,a nd happy to be sober,,

I thought that was sooo cool.. Just seeing that change happen. He worked really hard, and then he got a pass for his family, he was SO excited to see his kids, but really to see hsi oldest daughter, I think cuz his boy is so young,, but his girl must be like about 10 or so, I would guess,,

I will save the rest for you to see, and I really didn't tell you alot of what happened, you'll have to see it for yourself,, keep watching,,..

The next show,, we'll see what happens. I believe he is going home, out of the safe and secure feeling you have in treatment, ( I can relate to that feeling,a nd I suspect most can,, away from drugs and alcohol, it's scarey to go home, back to the real world,,, at first anyway, until you realize, everything is really the same,, you're real enemy is yourself, that's what I believe..

But ya know, his addictins are sooo many, he is an alcoholic, drug addict, sex addict, and I can't remember what else, but there wer a few more I believe.. I also think he is Bi-polar.. Like me,, ( hey, might as well smile right??)..

We'll see what he encounters out of rehab,, gosh I hope he gets a good recovery program,, I know he said something in reference to AA, and it wasn't negative,,
but I can't remember what exactly was said..

I hope I remember to watch it next week,, I'll try to remind here on this post,, that is if I remember,, LOL,,,,

Love ya all,
Becky
Old 11-02-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I've seen several episodes of the show and found it to be an intersting watch, though as with any "reality" program you have too keep in mind that it is a TV show. That said, I think it is quite well done. The show definately gives quite unusual access into a person's life that is going through the process of falling apart and hopefully coming back together. I've read several reviews on the internet questioning the "reality" of this program. I had the opportunity to spend some time with Danny about 10 years ago and one thing I will say about him is he wears his heart on his sleeve. What you see is what you get, there is very little line between the "public" Danny and the "private" Danny. I would imagine this comes from growing up in the public eye as he has, which is probably a big source of many of his "issues".

As far as his addictions go, he considers himself a sex addict, definately has an alcohol problem, though seems to be more of binge/party drinker than a 24/7 alcoholic, which may explain the mild detox. He also does steroids and, at least in the past, has had problems with a variety of other drugs. This is not his first stay in rehab. I would say the odd view of the rehab experience on TV is due to confidenciality of other's in the program. They can only show Danny and the doctors and therapists on TV. It also seems to be a bit of an unorthadox type of rehab. What led him to check in was a druken episode where his wife asked for a divorce and he went into the bathroom and cut his wrists. Anyway, like I said, I think it has been a very interesting show and will probably rent it on Netflix when it comes out so I can catch the episodes I missed. Take care
Old 11-02-2005, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

There's a problem with stars like Danny air their fight with addictions publicly. Yes they might call attention to when 'I've had enough', but they can also do great harms to rehab and programs without even specifically naming any. I mean, look at the Osbornes show- I loved that and really cared for Ozzy, but it just makes him out to be a clown, a mess, a guy who doesn't take recovery seriously or that recovery just doesn't work. I don't think shows like this do any service to our community although they might be popular. Remember what we're here on SR for people- RECOVERY.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

But ya know, his addictins are sooo many, he is an alcoholic, drug addict, sex addict, and I can't remember what else, but there wer a few more I believe.. I also think he is Bi-polar..
Thats what the best part goint to NA was for me..... The same 12 steps treats all the manifestations of one thing .. addiction So it doesn't matter whether I'm having trouble with drugs, booze, sex, oreo cookies, or chrome.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There's a problem with stars like Danny air their fight with addictions publicly. Yes they might call attention to when 'I've had enough', but they can also do great harms to rehab and programs without even specifically naming any.
I went to a rehab named after a celebrity.

He didn't do so well in his recovery.

Thank God I heard about the traditions and realized that a rehab wasn't going to make the difference for me, or for that matter anything else. It did help bring me in contact with recovering addicts who that explained to me that if I maintained the desire to stay clean and did something to follow through on that desire on a daily basis, I just might have a shot.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gooch
So it doesn't matter whether I'm having trouble with drugs, booze, sex, oreo cookies, or chrome.
Chrome? Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one.I finally know I am not alone.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by tyler
I've seen several episodes of the show and found it to be an intersting watch, though as with any "reality" program you have too keep in mind that it is a TV show. That said, I think it is quite well done. The show definately gives quite unusual access into a person's life that is going through the process of falling apart and hopefully coming back together. I've read several reviews on the internet questioning the "reality" of this program. I had the opportunity to spend some time with Danny about 10 years ago and one thing I will say about him is he wears his heart on his sleeve. What you see is what you get, there is very little line between the "public" Danny and the "private" Danny. I would imagine this comes from growing up in the public eye as he has, which is probably a big source of many of his "issues".

As far as his addictions go, he considers himself a sex addict, definately has an alcohol problem, though seems to be more of binge/party drinker than a 24/7 alcoholic, which may explain the mild detox. He also does steroids and, at least in the past, has had problems with a variety of other drugs. This is not his first stay in rehab. I would say the odd view of the rehab experience on TV is due to confidenciality of other's in the program. They can only show Danny and the doctors and therapists on TV. It also seems to be a bit of an unorthadox type of rehab. What led him to check in was a druken episode where his wife asked for a divorce and he went into the bathroom and cut his wrists. Anyway, like I said, I think it has been a very interesting show and will probably rent it on Netflix when it comes out so I can catch the episodes I missed. Take care

Yes, I agree,, it's a TV show,, excuse my brain fart moment..
I also made a mistake when I posted this here in this forum, sorry about
that,, anyone can move it to the Cafe',, or delete it, for that matter..

LOVE and Prayers,,
Becky
Old 11-02-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

excuse my brain fart moment
I'm glad I'm not the only one.I finally know I am not alone
Ditto me too.