Never Have I Seen

Old 10-11-2005, 07:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I cant even begin to say how much I regret making that initial post. Not due to being called on the angry tone,which I deserve. I am truly sorry if anyone who happens to be hurting and vulnerable reads this. If someone can tell me how to delete it,I would appreciate it. I honest to God dont know what made me spew the sort of vitriol I did. This tells me I am way past due for another 4th and 5th step. I wont make excuses for my behavour . I am 2 years sober,and have learned the tools for dealing with stuff,but lots of times choose not to use them.I sincerley appologize.
Becky
Old 10-11-2005, 07:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by miraclen2003
You know what they say Becky, You spot it, you got it...

You are right.Thanks.
Becky
Old 10-11-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
On a tear

Now that took balls, Becky... thanks for posting the retraction. Admitting I might be wrong is some of the hardest things I have to do (and something I need to do more). I know "why" (damned "survival tools" leftover from waaay back), but it is still hard. I admire what it took to do that.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think that took courage too, Becky, and I admire you for that. It's a very good thread, actually, it shows several views in a healthy way and we didn't have any casualties

Truth is, I saw your compassion in your first response to me, and said to myself "now there's a lady who is hurting".

It's okay to hurt, I do it a lot. We have our moments, good and bad, and we learn. And isn't that what recovery is all about?

No apologies needed for me, Becky, I learned a lot from this.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-11-2005, 07:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'd like to add to BigSis's remarks. It takes alot to confront our mistakes. Check with the Board Moderator. They can remove if you wish. I feel it would be best for all, not the least of which you. Hey, I think you broke a record for the most resposes in a short time. It's behind me and should be put behind you also. Welcome, I'm glad you're here. Don W
Old 10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberNVa
I cant even begin to say how much I regret making that initial post. Not due to being called on the angry tone,which I deserve. I am truly sorry if anyone who happens to be hurting and vulnerable reads this. If someone can tell me how to delete it,I would appreciate it. I honest to God dont know what made me spew the sort of vitriol I did. This tells me I am way past due for another 4th and 5th step. I wont make excuses for my behavour . I am 2 years sober,and have learned the tools for dealing with stuff,but lots of times choose not to use them.I sincerley appologize.
Becky
Hey Becky:

I am with BigSis.........that took balls. You know what else, you are human and us humans SOMEtimes don't always make the perfect choices.

With that, I appreciate you recognizing your mistake and I appreciate that you are human. Hell, if we weren't human how boring this life would be hey?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks,everyone.
Tomorow I will need to talk to my sponsor and fess up to my nastiness. It aint gonna be pretty.LOL From now on if I cant say anything kind I wont say anything at all.
Becky
Old 10-11-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
Today is day 91 of sobriety for me.
Before that, I managed fifteen months, almost to the day.
Before that, I'd never been sober.
Tell me about your fight for sobriety Becky.
And I'll gladly tell you about mine.
OK. I will make a post telling about my fight to get and stay sober. I will start another thread though,so as to hopefully allow this one to die down.

Becky
Old 10-11-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wow!

Talk about living in the process!

Don't be too hard on yourself Becky. You had a gripe, you vented, and you owned your part an d cleaned up your side of the street.

what better message to show the newcomer. I hope you decide to let the post stand.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Paused

I understand your frustration and have shared the same thoughts that you have many times. You see, I've been on both sides of the fence. Relapse recovery, relapse and recovery. Thank God I kept trying and never gave up. It seems to be sticking this time around. I can only hope the same for others. I can hope that one of these times they will finally get it. As far as the drama and attention grabbing posts, you can either participate or walk right on by, it's your choice. When people are hurting and reaching out in desperation, they don't always act as we think they should. If you know what I mean? Thanks for owning your part.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Becky you are right on schedule, you are exactly where you are suppose to be!

I remember the exact same thing happening to me at a little over 2 years sober, here I was sober for over 2 years and I thought I had it down pat and why couldn't these others get it instead of coming in and out, in and out. It took time for me to realize that they arrived at trying to get sober much sooner than I did, many of them still had "material things" and a roof over their head. Me, I had taken it to the max, and had to literally die to get here.
Each of us has to reach our own "bottom" and some of us never do unfortunately. All we can do is carry the message and stay out of the results.

Over the years and the many ODAATs I have learned compassion and understanding, I still use the adage "if we baby you, we bury you" but I have learned to sheath my razor sharp tongue and use more tact now.

We encourage them that they were able to return to try again. Some do it better than others.

Remember some of us are sicker than others.

Keep coming back and keep posting.

JMHO

Love and (((((to all))))),