Losing our grip

Old 10-10-2005, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Losing our grip

Look, the wind vane fluttering in the autumn breeze
Takes hold of certain things that cannot be held.
--Feng Chih

When we think we are losing our grip, we have good reason to look up. Consider the moon suspended in the sky, how it continues to come and go, follows its natural law, and never really loses face. Consider the sun, the stars, the seasons, how they refuse to abandon us, to let go of their hold on our lives. And come closer to home. We can marvel at the magic of small efficient things--the toaster and stove, the light in the room, the words in a good book that are permanent, faithful, and clear. We can consider how music, without saying a word, still speaks to us, and how a few friends, maybe miles away, continue to hang on to the strength of our small and faithful words.

We can keep in mind that we are part of a complex and loving system, and our grip can never be lost.

How do I see my unity with my surroundings today?

~Today's Gift~

Old 10-10-2005, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks, Doug, I needed to read this today. Life is everchanging, but like the seasons of the year there is purpose and stability in even that. The important things never change, just our perception of where we stand in the great universe of life.

Hugs