How Has SR Impacted Your Life?????????

Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

How Has SR Impacted Your Life?????????

OMG I don't know if I could list everything that SR and all of you have done for me here. I know that when I first got here that a lot of people have helped me, but more than that a few have never gave up on me, they have had HOPE when I didn't have hope, they have had Faith when I was without Faith. I think that the biggest thing for me here at SR was the love that they have given and shown me.

I know when I first got here up until recently that I didn't even love myself, and yet today I do love myself this is huge. They say that we will love you until you can love yourself and I have felt that so much here at SR. I am not going to list the names of people here cause really we are all in one and one for all. I thank you all for loving ME until I could love MYSELF>

Love Vic
Old 10-03-2005, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

As many people that there are who come here
That has been how many times my lift has been touched.
It is the people of SR that have impacted my life

Thank you ALL
Old 10-03-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Its been a great help in understanding that people in recovery are very differen,with many different out looks etc!!!!

Its given me insight into the way I think and the way others think and gives me a place to check in, to keep on track, to keep moving...
Old 10-03-2005, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Millwallj
Its been a great help in understanding that people in recovery are very differen,with many different out looks etc!!!!

Its given me insight into the way I think and the way others think and gives me a place to check in, to keep on track, to keep moving...
Yup! Not much to add to that...
Old 10-03-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

[QUOTE=Millwallj]Its been a great help in understanding that people in recovery are very differen,with many different out looks etc!!!!

QUOTE]
Yes Mill that is one thing also that I was thinking about the open-minded that this SR family has given me and how much it also has impacted my life today.

Love Vic
Old 10-03-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Many things...

1. Great awesome friends who've been there, done that or are going through it with me.

2. Learning to understand my alcoholism and how it is affecting me even now.

3. A place of understanding when I am having a rough time.

4. The peace and 'feel good' aspect of helping others through their own rough times.

5. You guys, this place, everything here, has kept me on my path to recovery. I don't know for certain I would have been able to come this far without this site.

6. SR is helping me get my life and family back into shape. It isn't back to what it once was YET but it is on the road there.

7. The help I've gotten here is having a domino effect in my family. I am happy. My kids are happy and my husband isn't drinking as much as he used to. Maybe that means he's happier too.

I am sure I've probably missed something in that list but you guys get the idea. This site, you guys, have had a huge impact on my sobriety.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Another way that SR has impacted my life is that I have learned so much of the computer things here because you people are willing to take a little time out of your lives to give direction and to teach some of us all.

Love Vic