Detox?

Old 09-28-2005, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox?

I drink most nights, usually between a half-pint to a pint.

Do I need an in-patient program for de-tox?

Can someone point me to a site that addresses this issue?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((IWanttostop))))

Welcome to SR and we are glad that you are here I especially am grateful for that. I don't know anything about a detox center I have detoxed here at SR and at my face to face meetings so that is my experience, my strenth is that sometimes I wanted so bad to use and drink, but I remember where I came from and sometimes I just had to hang on with all that I had, my favorite saying is that you can't save you face and you @ss at the same time and trust me for along time all I could do is stay sober. My hope my friend is that you too can do this, I am no different than you or anyone else and today I don't want to use, there is to much in life to go back now and I have worked to damn hard to get what I go so for today we don't have to drink or use. We are happy to see you and just keep posting it does get better.

Love Vic
Old 09-29-2005, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you need medical detox? At the rate of drinking you describe, probably not...so long as that is REALLY how much you drink.

If you drank more, you probably could use medical help. Given your location, and if you either have a big bank account or good insurance, sall The Ridgeview Institute in Atlanta. Excellent detox facility, and a great 4-6 week rehab program with a halfway house on the campus. They saved my life.

BubbaBob