SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Prayers for Our Friends (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/71528-prayers-our-friends.html)

Ann 09-21-2005 07:10 PM

Prayers for Our Friends

Let's say a special prayer tonight for our friends in the path of Hurricane Rita. I heard on CNN that it has become a Category 5 hurricane, and my prayers go out that our friends here will find a safe place to wait out the storm.

Hugs and Prayers
Ann

Anna 09-21-2005 08:50 PM

Absolutey, I send prayers to all who are in affected areas.

Anna

Luckyv2 09-21-2005 09:49 PM

Even though my thought are not here right now, I will take time to get out of self and focus on them right now. My prayers go out to them in need.

Love Vic

Don W 09-21-2005 10:00 PM

My prayers are with them. Sober, I'll be here for them. don W

Brookie 09-21-2005 11:58 PM

Thanks on behalf of the Houstonians, Ann. Gotta admit, this one's got my attention. It's starting to look like that purple spot on Jupiter. I'm sending my family to stay with an aunt in Dallas. I'm going to stick around tomorrow and board up the windows, etc., but I may well follow. Rita's got "worst-case scenario" written all over her. We won't get flooding like N.O., but it looks like the winds could be worse that what hit LA and Mississippi.

Not only that, but there's no gas left in the city, and the refineries are shutting down.

Hey Mikee and FaerieQueen - y'all doing OK? Check in if you get a chance.

Best,
Joe

best 09-22-2005 12:00 AM

Stay safe Brookie

A few others have checked in. All gased up and packed.

Gooch 09-22-2005 12:35 AM

keepin ya'll tall texarkanians in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay safe!

Gabe 09-22-2005 02:44 AM

Prayers out and a candle lit for everyone in the path of this storm.
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/8...dlelit27qi.gif

historyteach 09-22-2005 02:53 AM

Be safe; Be well....
G*D be with you...
Shalom!

Ann 09-22-2005 03:28 AM

Joe, please don't take any chances and stay safe. It looks like one wicked storm, and my prayers continue today that all of you will get out of harms way.

Hugs and More Prayers
Ann

Hopefloats 09-22-2005 03:28 AM

Prayers for everyone's safety...lots of prayers from me....
Hope

Don W 09-22-2005 09:50 AM

Hey joe, don't take a chance. Your family will wait and worry in Dallas. They and we need you. Don W

cwohio 09-22-2005 10:04 AM

my prayers to every living creature that will be affected by this storm and that all will be safe!

pmaslan 09-22-2005 11:31 AM

Prayers to all in the path of the hurricane and their families......

mikee 09-22-2005 11:42 AM

Thanks Brookie! we're ok for now, and are praying by the minute!, theres a lot of people getting desperate and lots of families in a world of hurt already, no water no gas and stranded on the freeway in 100 deg heat!!, thanks for everyone's concern and prayers, please keep them coming!!!!!!
God bless all.
mikee

Ann 09-22-2005 09:52 PM

I saw on the news about the nightmare of the cars being stranded, and I cannot imagine how awful this must be for the sick and the old and the children. My prayers continue that people will work together and help one another through this terrible time.

Hugs
Ann

Brookie 09-22-2005 10:56 PM

Mike - I sent you a PM amigo.

Thanks to all for the good thoughts. The storm seems to be tracking east, which could be a big favor for the Houston area. Looks like we'll probably get hurricane force winds, but there's a good chance we may avoid the worst of it. Of course, that means someone else will take it. Hard to feel glad about that.

The freeway stories you're reading are very real. My wife left at 5 a.m. this morning to take my kids and my mom to Dallas. Dallas is about 250 miles north of here - normally a five-hour drive. Alison was on the road for 10 hours, and traveled 6.5 miles. She turned around at 3 p.m. It took her 14 minutes to get home. Crazy. I've got two little girls, who are 5 and almost 3. Just gotta say that they were real troopers during the attempt. I'm incredibly proud of them. I never had to endure this kind of thing as a kid, and I'm sure I wouldn't have been cool with it. It's a wierd feeling when you look up to your kids.

We're going to hunker down. Think we'll be OK, if my mom doesn't drive us nuts. Pray, pray, that my mom doesn't drive us nuts.

I'll send a post if I can. I'm hopeful the power and phone lines will stay up at this point, but who knows? You may see pics of me looting a 7-11. I'll be the dude with a big grin and a 48-pack of Huggies under my arm.

:grinattk:

Ann 09-23-2005 03:39 AM

Brookie, I'm saying a prayer that she drives you nuts for many years to come, that you all are safe and that this storm is over quickly. Your family sounds like very special people to me, may you all be safe together.

Hugs
Ann

Brookie 09-26-2005 12:53 PM

Thanks Ann. We all made it through fine. A few downed tree branches, a little wind, and an unexpected gas/traffic chrisis seems to be the worst of it, though it looks as if Louisiana and east Texas took another hard hit. Not as bad as Katrina, but some serious flooding in Lake Charles, Beaumont, and the surrounding areas.