Seperation, Guilt and Shame

Old 09-02-2005, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seperation, Guilt and Shame

"Human suffering in our culture is based on a painful sense of separation, existential guilt, shame about who we are, a fundamental belief in our unworthiness to be loved, and embarrassment at our incompetence. Our lives are dedicated to concealing and compensating for these supposed inadequacies. We create a separation from others to protect this vulnerable place."
~From Tantrika International

I found this on the net today and to me, it is the gist of why we suffer. Self-loathing, self-criticism, self-blame...the list goes on and on. Somehow, so many of us have learned to feel unworthy and ashamed. Why? Where along the way did we miss learning about self-love? Where did we miss learning how to celebrate ourselves and the authentic and unique ways in which we can contribute to our loved ones and the world? No matter, I guess. We are where we are. It's where we go from here that matters.
I think our fundamental belief needs to shift. We are not unworthy, embarassing, incompetant creatures. We are all beings of light and energy. We vibrate what we believe. When our fundamental belief shifts our energy becomes positive instead of negative. That starts from within and radiates outward.
Take a moment today to believe in your best self. Put down all of the negative, self-bashing thoughts and spend some time in the positive energy arena.
Then do it again tomorrow.
You might surprise yourself and get in the habit of doing that every single day.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gabe, lots of questions just came to mind. First with my Ad...very interesting. I was raised to always feel good about myself. I was a very lucky child. My parents focused on the positive and always worked on letting us know that "who" we were, was always okay. I felt I did the same with my daughter. Now, I am not at all owning how she feels about herself, but I wonder where that lack of self-love developed from. I can only think her experiences maybe? Or was there something that I did not see. Again, I am very curious.

I do know that when I was in my verbally abusive marriage I did not feel good about myself. How could I? I was in a negative environment...and I got lost. Yet the core of me, always had that will and self-love to find my way back.

I know I am just chattering here..but we really do need to accept who we are. We need to all know our self-worth, not allow others to measure it, and we need to fill ourselves up with self-love so that we can be right with the universe.

That "positive energy arena"..that is a place I would like to call home..It is where I feel my best, it is where I continue to grow and I want others in there with me that give off those same positive vibes..

Great thought provoking thread..and thank you..
Hope