Family Harmony

Old 09-02-2005, 04:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Family Harmony

You are reading from the book Today's Gift.

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind.
--Bob Dylan

A family is like a windchime; each member hangs in delicate balance with the others. When a problem develops for one family member, the rest of us often take on roles to try and deal with the situation. But what happens to our windchime when we're all pulling and pushing in different directions? Our balance is lost and we either all clash together or none of our chimes connect at all and there is only painful silence.

If we let go and trust in that spiritual force beyond ourselves, we discover that it is like the wind. It moves our windchime gently with a soothing breeze that allows us to relax in our places or move together as the force directs us. It brings out the beautiful harmonious notes we weren't able to produce ourselves.

How can I help us make better music together today?
Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If we let go and trust in that spiritual force beyond ourselves, we discover that it is like the wind. It moves our windchime gently with a soothing breeze that allows us to relax in our places or move together as the force directs us.
When I stop strugging with life and learn to accept what is with gratitude, I am in harmony with the universe and at peace with myself.

Hugs
Ann