Faith

Old 09-01-2005, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Faith

You are reading from the book Today's Gift.

Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.
--Sir Rabindranath Tagore

In the darkness of early morning, the bird outside the window begins to sing. Soon the eastern sky turns pink. The bird continues singing until the first yellow rays warm its soft wings. Then it flies away, not returning to the window until the next morning.

We can learn from the small bird how to have faith. We don't need to wait for something we want before having faith we'll get it. We can begin to show our faith by celebrating the things we usually take for granted. After all, when we take something for granted, isn't that a selfish form of faith? We can start by singing a song to celebrate the new day. A day that will warm our hearts and shed light on our actions. Like the bird's faith in the sunrise, we need only to have faith that God meant each day to enrich our lives.

What faith can I celebrate right now?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is a beautiful thought Ann. I believe our faith needs to be unrelenting, even in hard times. Learning like the bird, there are other windows. Don W
Old 09-01-2005, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

That is wonderful Ann. Not sure how I will go with my croaky old voice, but here goes ....

nogard
Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For most human beings, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.
Belief is something altogether different. Belief can be an illusion or a phantom. Belief with faith works the miracle. As the bird, does not give a thought because of this simple truth.

God has made all of the necessary provisions for his living. now why ask yourself would he not do the same for you. The difference is free will, sometimes a destructive force.
Take a lesson from the bird.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Pernell Johnson
For most human beings, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen.
Belief with faith works the miracle. ....Take a lesson from the bird.
Pernell, I love the special gift you have with words.

This reading rings particularly true for me, as each morning just before the birds sing, just before the dawn...my cat gets me up to let him out. Toby too has fatih that the birds will sing and the dawn will break.

My faith has seen me through many dark nights, and, as promised, the light never fails to appear. It is that promise that sees me through when everything else seems hopeless. It is that light that will lead me forward to a better day.

Don, Nogard, I'm at the window with you.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-17-2005, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Faith without works is dead. Spiritual principles are the vehicle necessary to get faith working, three of these is honesty, openmindedness and willingness. The practice of these as well humility starts the journey to recover and puts effort behind faith that becomes alive and takes on a life of its own. The beauty of it all is change. Change that occurs because of you practicing spiritual principles.

These things came to mind and I just wanted to share it with you. The practice of:
Do it!! And check the results, and you will have your evidence. That faith is the substance of things hoped for.