Elder's Meditation - August 29

Old 08-29-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - August 29

"The devastated earth, the air, water, the extinct species of mankind, animalkind, and plantkind, the drugs, suicides, family separations - these are all the result of false ceremonies."
--Barney Bush, SHAWNEE

All life is a ceremony. Every act is a ceremony creating a result in our lives. Every ceremony we do always brings results to our lives. If we do bad medicine to others, we do bad medicine to ourselves. If we keep on doing bad ceremonies, we will eventually destroy ourselves. Any time we live our lives out of harmony, we are doing bad ceremonies. Any time we treat anything with disrespect whether it is another human being or a plant or an animal, we are performing bad ceremonies. These ceremonies not only have an effect on ourselves but will simultaneously affect everything. We need to use our power well, only do good ceremonies.

My Creator, teach me only good ceremonies. Teach me ceremonies that accomplish good for all the people. Good ceremonies cause good results. Teach me ceremonies that are helpful.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Any time we live our lives out of harmony, we are doing bad ceremonies.
This is so true for me. If I have inner peace, then my life is in harmony with the universe. If I am not diligent to keep my life in harmony with the universe, then I have no inner peace. It's a process that goes full circle for me, I suppose it's my own ceremony of peace.

Hugs
Ann