Elder's Meditation - August 27

Old 08-27-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - August 27

"We begin by letting the Powers know that we are willing to be their servants to others."
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA

There are certain prayers or actions we can take that will call the Powers. The powers can only work through people. The Powers are always waiting to express themselves through people that are ready. every person born is born with a purpose. They have a song to sing. They have a mission to accomplish. Every true purpose will always be about serving the Creator and helping others. When we let the Powers know that we are ready to serve the people, the Powers get excited because they can now do things to help the people and make things better for them. The decision is powerful because it turns an idea into action.

Great Spirit, the greatest joy or feeling that I have ever experienced is when you are using me to help the people, the feeling of giving, the feeling of being your channel. Today, let me have that feeling of giving. Use me as You will.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Frances J. Roberts/Come Away My Beloved

In the heart of every true child of god burns the sincere desire for deliverance from un-Christlike behavior patterns and victory over the sin-dominated self-life. However, many found to their dismay that a desire for purity and much prayer for divine forgiveness and help are insufficient to achieve success.

God has provided a powerful weapon for this warfare. It is the Holy Scriptures, coupled with faith. "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word." (Psalm 119:9). We are sanctified (cleansed) "with the washing of water by the word" (Ephesians 5:26). The Word of God is a cleansing flow for sin, a flaming sword with which to combat the enemy, and an unerring guide to the way of holiness. "Thy word have I hid in mine heart,: wrote the Psalmist, "that I might not sin against thee" (Psalm 119:11).

Many voice in the world vie for our attention. The Bible is still and will always remain the one final authoritative voice of Truth! May we cherish it in our hearts, hold it in our thoughts and speak it forth in faith. God by His Holy Spirit will keep His promise that it shall not return void.

Ann, I just wanted to add a little something to your thread, I hope you do not mind. Your writing prompted me to think about this an relay it to you. It is all good, cause I like what you had to say!
Old 08-28-2005, 04:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Pernell, your thoughts and comments are always welcome. I have learned so much from you over the years and you have given me good things to think about in my recovery, and I am grateful.

I see this reading as a 3rd Step Prayers, which I say each morning as I begin my day...

Great Spirit, the greatest joy or feeling that I have ever experienced is when you are using me to help the people, the feeling of giving, the feeling of being your channel. Today, let me have that feeling of giving. Use me as You will.
I see a parallel in thought between what the Elders teach and what the scriptures tell me. It is all good, it is all wise, and it leads me to a good path. To me, Great Spirit, Higher Power and God are all one. Whatever we call this power and however we interpret the wise words that have been passed down, are all part of our quest for a better way of living in harmony and peace with each other and the universe and through the will of He/She who will lead us.

Hugs
Ann