You Also Have...

Old 08-23-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You Also Have...

If you have the ability to complain about something, you also have the ability to take the positive action that will make it better. And taking positive action is infinitely more effective than merely complaining.

If you have cause to get angry, then you also can turn the energy of that anger in a positive direction. You can then resolve the situation in a way that is peaceful and valuable for all concerned.

If you have reason to be frustrated, you also have the motivation necessary to get beyond whatever is frustrating you. Whether you work to eliminate the cause of your frustration or grow beyond it, no frustration ever has to continue troubling you.

If you have experienced disappointment, you also have learned a valuable lesson. Go forward, apply what you have learned, and transform your disappointment into a positive turning point.

If you have known loss and sadness, then you also have gained a profound understanding of how very precious life is. Take the opportunity, for which you've paid so dearly, to raise yourself to a whole new level of meaning and fulfillment.

If you face a difficult challenge, you also have the opportunity to grow stronger, more capable, wise, experienced and resilient. Embrace those opportunities, for in them you will find the sweet substance of life.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 08-23-2005, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes amen Ann, thank you because we do.

indie
Old 08-23-2005, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

"Embrace those opportunities, for in them you will find the sweet substance of life."

I love this one, Ann...Much truth can be gleened from this post.
I pray I have the ability to live these truths...

Thank you for sharing this.
Shalom!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann, Many times I've waited for someone, even expected someone to make my bed. Then complained it wasn't they way I'd do it. Today, I must make my own bed. Good or bad, I made it. Capt. America (the postee' formally known as Don W)
Old 08-24-2005, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ann, this is a very meaningful post. Thank you!
What matters to me most, is to be able to wake up every day, and treat it as a new day. There are too many things that can interfere with how we live our lives, if we allow it.

Be it recovery, or part of my nature (as we are all made different), I have the ability and blessing to turn things over. I foster relationships that are important to me. In our lives, there are people, and things that we just let go of. We don't have to keep anything that hinders our well-being. As Ralph states, we eliminate the cause of our frustration. We don't have to do anything with anger. We need to give ourselves permission to make those decisions and feel good about ourselves. Then it is time to move forward.

Anger is a natural feeling. Staying in anger is another thing. I like life too much. I love laughing and the hard times can make the best of times that much sweeter.

This post just reminds me that we all hold the key to our happiness. Often times Mr. Hope will ask me.."Hon, in the scope of life, HOW important is that to you?" Once I answer that..I am already moving on....
Thanks again..Great info here!!
Hopefloats