A New Smile/Tissues Required

Old 08-04-2005, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A New Smile/Tissues Required

Wanted to share about a new smile I saw today. I saw them take the bandages off a young girl today here at the hospital. She had been born deformed. Her mouth and nose were like a rabbit. She has had about 4 or 5 operations. Today she revealed a normal little girls smile. She even has a couple of dimples. All of us couldn't have pryed the mirror from her little hands, nor the smile on her face. Or ours either for that matter. All of a sudden she says, " Can I go brush my teeth?" A simlpe thing that was so difficult before. Don W
Old 08-04-2005, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Oh, Don...
What a wonderful thing to share....
Sometimes, our sorrows and difficulties just don't mean much when put into perspective with other's problems.
She sounds like a beautiful little princess! I hope she keeps her smile for the rest of her days...
Shalom!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

Puts our lives in perspective, doesn't IT?!?!?

I remember when I was hurting and my addictions were so out of control and then watching the disastrous and catastrophic coverage of the Tsunami!

I remember saying to myself "why on Earth do I complain?" My problems are nothing compared to those that lost their homes, everything they owned, and even their lives! Too bad we can't keep such empathy for others and realize that we really are truly lucky to be alive ..... especially after so many close calls with death (with alcohol and drug related experiences!

This was a truly heart-warming story!

I, too, hope that she continues to smile ..... she is so deserving of such! And you know, she probably appreciates life and what's been given to us than those of us that took so much for granted while drinking and drugging! We could learn so much from this wonderful story of this little girl. Something to carry with us every day ..... so that we do now wallow in self-pity and go back to our addictions.

WE REALLY DON'T HAVE IT BAD AT ALL compared to others.

May God give us ALL the strength to continue on the right path!

Keep this story in your mind and heart ..... as I will try to do ...... and perhaps it will prevent us from relapsing into a false life of HIGHS ..... which will bring us nothing but sadness, despair, and destruction in the end.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for sharing this lovely story with us. It has given me strength ...... and hopefully, a great night's sleep (I'm a chronic insomniac) ...... but happy stories like this bring a peace to my heart that allows me to GET BEYOND MY SELFISH NEEDS and realize people have things a lot tougher than I do!

Much love and many thanks,
Maria
Old 08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I brought your story up at my home group tonight puts everything in it's place

thanks Don

we all need to taste humble pie
Old 08-04-2005, 08:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That story warms my heart, Don.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-04-2005, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is the best thing I've heard all day. Thank you.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Thank you for sharing, it does help put things in perspective and remind me of the importance for me to be a functioning member of society who can help others again instead of someone zoned out all the time walking through life.

I needed this, thank you.