Life on lifes terms

Old 08-02-2005, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life on lifes terms

"Life on lifes" Sometimes easier said then done for me.The last week has been stressful.I have been working 7 days a week since April.Its starting to get old.And lately Ive been dealing with a lot of stuff that at one time would have been an excuse to use.The last straw was my truck breaking down.I spent the last few days messing with it when I had time.It had started running rough and I couldnt figure it out.After getting tired of putting new parts on it I took it to the shop.(I never let anyone work on my vehicles) so that was humbling enough.Also,how would I get to work? Then a friend in recovery actually volunteered to get up at 3:30 every morning and drive me so I could be there at 5 AM.OK,that was good.Then the shop calls and tells me theres no compression in the #2 cylinder.I didnt take this one to well.I figured a busted piston.I was starting to really stress when another friend in recovery offers to loan me a car for however long I need it.Well,I went by the shop and checked on my truck today.A valve spring was stuck (not a big deal) And now the guy working on my truck wants his house painted. Yes,God does take care of me.And I am also truly blessed to have so many good friends in recovery who really care about me.I must admit the last couple days I went into a bad space.Bottom line? I didnt use over all this.And it turned out to not be a big deal anyway.I have plenty other things going on also,but thats life.Today I choose to live life on lifes terms.Clean and sober!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sometimes I think Life pulls these little deals on us just to see what we're made of. If that's the case, I think you passed with flying colours. And, bonus in all this besides the problem being a small one...you found out that you have wonderful friends who will be there for you when you need them.

From where I sit, your life looks full of sunshine.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-02-2005, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann

From where I sit, your life looks full of sunshine.
Actually my life is filled with sunshine.I need to be grateful.And for the newcomers? There is hope.I can assure you if I can stay clean.Anyone can.Over coming lifes obstacles and not using makes things so much more rewarding when they do work out.And sometimes things dont always work out as planned,but thats life.I prefer to be clean and sober for it.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Glad things worked out for you!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Mike)))
That's so awesome!!!
You are one special guy! And never forget - you are a child of G*D deserving all that is good.
Shalom!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

That is good and for me sometimes I can let it just magnify in my mind like I do alot but it never seems to turn out the way my mind thinks. You know early recovery is hard and it is still hard for me but I truely believe that I just need to save my @ss sometimes. Most of the times I think that we are trying tooooo hard instead of easy does it, (but do it)

Love Vic
Old 08-03-2005, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I bite.

A good story Mike. I am happy for you.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a great story...and a lesson here for all of us. I am so happy for all of your blessings. I have a feeling more will be revealed.
God Bless!
Hopefloats
Old 08-03-2005, 08:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Mike,

great story. Don't over do it easy does it Mikey

I was doing the 7 day a week thing when, I went over the edge and that's why I'm here today.

It's so good to hear that life is going good for you today. I couldn't be happier if it was my self

thanks for sharing buddy
Old 08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Chris.I worked a half day today and asked if I could leave early.As I was heading home I got a call from my room mate.She told me the neigbors house was on fire.I had to call him at work and give him the bad news.Now Im at home and theres all these fire trucks out front.Its out now and was confined to the attic.But they have considerable smoke and water damage.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Kind Of Nice To Be Steering Your Own Way Down The Road Doesn't It?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I_am_tj

Glad things worked out for you the other day
sorry to hear about your neighbors house though, yikes!

Old 08-03-2005, 01:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by I_am_tj
sorry to hear about your neighbors house though, yikes!
Yeah,me too.They are pretty bummed out.On the other hand they are also taking it pretty well.They already have an insurance adjuster there right now.Just goes to show,people have all kinds of hardships in their lives from time to time.Thats life.Just gotta roll with the punches.(hey I just realized.I have 5000 posts)
Old 08-03-2005, 03:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender
.(hey I just realized.I have 5000 posts)
Amazing how the posts just fly by, isn't it

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann
Amazing how the posts just fly by, isn't it

Hugs
Ann
Yes it is.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sad to read about the fire. Your posting on Life's Terms is an area I have much trouble.
There are times, like the last month, that that I go through a period that things go wrong on a regular basis. Then I start to get a little sensitive and personalize it. Then I get defensive, and expect things to go wrong. A short time later the thought of seeking the old escape enters my mind. I am behind in bills because I was out on injury. I've been working extra and talking to the companies but, it has been a struggle. Thanks to your post, and the replies I can see that this is just life. The old days I would have avoided the calls and the people. I guess facing up to responsibilites and mistakes are part of life. One thing I've learned is to prepare for problems like this. Don W
Old 08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your having problems.Financial problems are so easy to stress on.Im still on step 3 and it really helps when I work it.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks, I've also went back on my Paxil this weekend. I was waiting to see my doctor but, the VA has a waiting list,so my appointment isn't until Sept. I'm starting to feel better already. Some down the medication but, I tried for 2 months to find alternatives while I waited. Hey, I'm going to accept that I have a chemical imbalance. Nobody else really has to, right. So w3hat if part of the new Don comes from a pill bottle. The old one came from an alcohol bottle. The results from the pill bottle is much better. I guess I've got to look on the bright side. At least I know the money comming to pay the bills.
And the lesson of putting away for rainy day is learned. Don W
Old 08-03-2005, 09:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Don))) as long as you dont drink,everything will evenually work itself out.Hang in there buddy.