Please help ...

Old 08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Please help ...

Hello to all fellow addicts, friends!

I'm withdrawing from codeine addiction again for the third time in over a year. Though I only went back out this time for about a month, I know I still need to go through this pain.

I'm not even sure what to say right now. It seemed for the past almost week, things were really turning around for me. Starting with getting off the codeine again, then starting to get back into my routine of recovery again. Then a guy I've had feelings for basically all year asked me to start seeing him, knowing full well all about my relapse. Then a possible good job opportunity coming along, interview on Friday. Then getting back into meetings and the Church Choir, finally starting to get the whole higher power thing. This guy was supposed to call me and didn't yet.

I feel like everything else may follow. Nothing really ever seems to work out for me, so far. Maybe that attitude is the reason. I'm just feeling really down right now, can't get to a meeting tonight.

Thanks all for any words of wisdom!!
S.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Lubella!
And welcome to SR!!!
Here's a link to our online meetings for every night of the week. All meetings are open, so, feel free to come anytime. Hope to see you there tonight!
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=59
Shalom!
Old 08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey lulabelle.

Hang in there. First things first, focus on getting off of the codeine and making meetings. The guy, the job, life will all fall into place when they are suppossed to.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies! I am beginning to feel better. This is a full day 4 for me, I still hurt physically, it will pass soon. I started working in my Step Working Guide. I have been writing and writing, I've already gone further than I did before with months to work on it then. I really see now that the steps are the key. If I don't change my insides, I'll end up going back out again even with the meetings. I'll be going to my meeting tomorrow night. Looking forward to it. Thanks again!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, Just hang in there. The pain won't last forever. As you know from past successful attempts there is relief ahead. Don't be down on yourself. Few of us have been perfect in trying to stop. Each day you're successful gives you experence. Learn from that experence. Believe me, I had to experence the same over and over. Then, I was able to learn that change is part of the solution. Don W
Old 08-05-2005, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
blessed

life's terms

right now you are experiencing living life's on life's terms keep up the good work no harm done easy come easy go.
Originally Posted by Lubella
Hello to all fellow addicts, friends!

I'm withdrawing from codeine addiction again for the third time in over a year. Though I only went back out this time for about a month, I know I still need to go through this pain.

I'm not even sure what to say right now. It seemed for the past almost week, things were really turning around for me. Starting with getting off the codeine again, then starting to get back into my routine of recovery again. Then a guy I've had feelings for basically all year asked me to start seeing him, knowing full well all about my relapse. Then a possible good job opportunity coming along, interview on Friday. Then getting back into meetings and the Church Choir, finally starting to get the whole higher power thing. This guy was supposed to call me and didn't yet.

I feel like everything else may follow. Nothing really ever seems to work out for me, so far. Maybe that attitude is the reason. I'm just feeling really down right now, can't get to a meeting tonight.

Thanks all for any words of wisdom!!
S.