Cloud Sculptures

Old 07-28-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cloud Sculptures

On one of the threads we were talking about watching the moon,stars and planets and finding some inner peace. This week end I rediscovered something I hadn't done in years. I had taken my dog over to the field we go to all the time. I love it because, Boston College bought it from the Catholic Church, so it has some beautiful Statues and granite stores with verses. They also have a number of areas the the Priests must have used for contemplation. My dog loves it because she run. I bought a couple of 100ft. ropes so she can air it out. Having been a stray, we don't dare let her loose. Anyway, while laying I started watching the clouds. I started to make sculptures in my mind of what I saw. Have any of you done this? Has it been awhile? Try it, the benifits are great. First, I found myself just laying ther doing nothing but, enjoying my surroundings. Believe me that is no easy task for me. Second, I was enjoying the beauty my mind was creating out of clouds. Compared to the not so pretty creations while drinking. Not being far from Logan airport I could also watch the planes. I used to love sitting in the airport and watch people. Wonder where their going or where they've been.
There were times I wasn't even flying and I did this. Anyway, I was able to also do this with the planes. So many times I think, Is this worth it? Then I saw a cloud shaped like a carved pumpkin smiling at me, and decided God was telling me YES, you are worth it. Just thinking, any of you have pictures of cloud formations you can post? Maybe, we could all look and state what they look like to us. Might be fun to see the different sculptures our minds come up with. Also, if some of our minds work alike. Now that is a scary thought. Don W
Old 07-28-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love this idea Don.

This one I found is already called "Rainbow Angel" but I'll post a couple, and you may see it differently anyway,

And this one is wide open for onterpretations...

Old 07-29-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Anne, Thanks. On the second one, I think I make out in the middlesome kind of animal. It has 2 wings and a little forward to the left a small dot for an eye. Moving to the left more, there is a mouth and what looks like a nose sticking out. The first? On the left, about 3" down and 1/2" in I see what appears to me as some fangs, then moving towards top right an eye, then a bright line down like a bottom jaw. Towards the back I see some kind of wings lake a flying serpant would have. Oh My, God I'm sorry, I think I've made an angel into a flying snake. Don W
Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Don W
Oh My, God I'm sorry, I think I've made an angel into a flying snake. Don W

You're crazy, Don, if you look closely at the second picture, visualizing all the clouds going from right to left, it is clearly flying pigs.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-29-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Trapped

HI DON,

IENJOYED YOUR MESSAGE AND REMEMBER DOING THIS WHEN I WAS LITTLE. I STILL DO IT FROM TIME TO TIME LIKE STARING AT THE NIGHT SKY AND SEEING MORE AND MORE STARS COME INTO VIEW. MAGICAL STUFF! I'M NEW TO THIS COMPUTER STUFF AND HAVE BEEN TRAPPED IN FRONT OF IT TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT. SO FAR, I HAVE MADE 2 NEW FRIENDS. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET AS I THINK I LIKE WHAT I'VE FOUND SO FAR! BY THE WAY I'VE BEEN SOBER 8 YEARS AND LIVE MEETINGS ARE MY THING BUT THIS IS A BRAVE NEW WORLD. AND I'M SOOOO CURIOUS!

TRUST GOD
CINDY
Old 07-29-2005, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay, Don, I'll give you another chance...

Old 07-29-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Cindy. Eight,that is great. The more you practice the bettwer you get at the computer. Come to think of it, the more you practice, the better you get at recovery. And of course, the more you post, the better you get at the computer. Wait, I'm getting dizzy. Let's see----CindyLou? For some reason I'm thinking Ricky Nelson. Thank God I'm not lod enough to remember the original " OZZY". Anyway, what a great Golden Oldies name. Anyway, did you see the post about " Full Moon" on this board? Also, on the PTSD board, Morning Glory has some great inspiration pictures. Sorry, Friday nights booze used to fuel my crazzy mind. Today, Friday's are for Fools but, I need to come by it naturally. Sooo be curious, you'll always find at least one curious person here with me. Hey Ann, I did see the pig, I guess I just need a little more trust in my first thought. This is great practice for my next VA Doctors appointment is Sept. He always shows me card with pictures and dots. Don W
Old 07-29-2005, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe a lamb? With a little Bo Pete next to it? Can I be crazy and sickat the same time. I was going to say your making me crazy but,---God beat you to it. By the way, if more of us see the same thing? Are we all in trouble? Reminds me of being in the Navy. Reporting to Division Commander, " I was told to report to you." Seaman Wallace, Are you calling me a female goat.?
Being only 18, and reporting for KP, I learned the hard way for the next few days that a female goat is "Yu". Hey but, I can peel potatos around my wife.
I can peel around 10 while she peels 2 or 3. Hummmm? Don W
Old 07-29-2005, 05:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'd swear I saw King Kong with Faye Wray in there somewhere.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Talk about the power of suggestion? By George, I think I see the big monkey myself now. Don
Old 07-30-2005, 11:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
fire dancer

cidylouwho is from The Grinch That Stole Christmas.............the littliest who of all

great clouds!