The Power of Attention

Old 07-23-2005, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Power of Attention

The things to which you give your attention will grow stronger. Think about something, focus on something, give your energy to something, and that energy gives it life, whatever it may be.

What you work toward will grow stronger. What you fight against will also grow stronger.

If you focus on your frustrations, you end up becoming even more frustrated. And if you then continue to dwell on those frustrations, eventually you reach the point where it's nearly impossible to focus on anything else.

Yet when you direct your thoughts toward your blessings, your possibilities, and the opportunities that life presents, those good and valuable things become even more so. The power of your attention can quickly transform modest value into ever-increasing richness and meaning.

In every moment you have the choice of where to direct your attention. Life may throw all sorts of things your way, and yet you can always decide where the power of your attention is focused.

As you go through this day, make yourself aware of how you use the enormous power of attention. Keep your attention locked solidly on the positive possibilities, and you will give them life.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 07-23-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thank you so much for sharing that I really needed to hear that today, and I am going to do that and try to remember it of course, my thinker is broke so I will go write it on my mirror. Thanks again Vic
Old 07-23-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I like this one too, Vic.

The times I struggle most with my recovery is when I take my focus off it and put it someplace else. When I become complacent, thinking I have it all together and life is good. Life is good for me, when I remember who I am, where I came from and where I want to be. When I focus on all the good things my program teaches me, then it follows that my day is good also. When I get distracted, my energy goes to that which distracts me and my spiritual batteries begin to drain.

Today, life is good for me, no matter what it hands me, because today I remember to keep my focus on that which lights my path.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-23-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wow that is good I am going to have to go to Walley World and get a bigger mirror oh yeah I forgot I have one in the bedroom LOL, Is this stuff that you do or do you get it from somewhere. I really do like that and I am going to try and practice that. I know today I have been doing a lot of reading in a 12 by 12 that I just got and it is really speaking to my heart just like the stuff that you have said. Love Vic
Old 07-24-2005, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Ok Ann LOL I read that this morning on my morning reading on the computer I will focus now. Hope that you day is going well. Love Vic
Old 07-24-2005, 05:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you Vic, my day is going very well. This is a good reading for me to begin my day with also, a reminder for me to pay attention to all the good things that unfold today.

Hope your day is full of sunshine and good spirit.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-24-2005, 05:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

So far so good but with me, if I don't focus, I can get negative quick, but I am going to try and do things different from here on out thanks for caring. vic