Transform Disappointment

Old 07-19-2005, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Transform Disappointment

When you suffer a disappointment, it hurts. It hurts enough that it can powerfully motivate you to find a better way.

Whenever something doesn't live up to your expectations, you can choose to become angry, resentful, frustrated or discouraged. Or, you can set out to make it better.

Disappointment is a thorough, effective and highly personalized teacher. The powerful lessons learned in the midst of disappointment can stay with you always.

Once you've experienced a disappointment, you're already past the hard part. And you're in a position to turn that disappointment into something valuable. You've paid the price. So step forward and reap the reward.

In disappointment there are the seeds for real improvement, for real progress. Nurture those seeds with newfound strength, and transform disappointment into resounding success.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann, I'm sure you know that many times it ie SELF- disappointment that is most difficult. I'm finding that learning the lesson from it helps me most. Don W
Old 07-19-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You're right, Don, I often feel disappointed with myself when I feel life dealt me a bad hand. And often, I feel disappointed in others, when they behave in a way that affects me badly. I've heard it said that disappointments are the end result of expectations, and I'm learning that the only person I can count on is myself. That's a hard lesson sometimes, but one that will never let me down.

Hugs
Ann
Old 07-19-2005, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ann, you just made me think of one change in both of us I notice. That is changing the feeling that somehow, " We deserve it" for past behavior. In my case just learning that my HP, ( God ) isn't a punishing God. The difference? Being more consistant with the thought. Don W