I'm In Trouble...

Old 07-01-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Mishelly -

Yep one thing at a time. We are with you!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Originally Posted by lulu70
((((((((((((((((mishelly))))))))))))))))))))) I am sorry if my post just upset you more. I know what you mean about the medicaid--I worry about my daughter getting kicked off all the time. I guess the main thing I was trying to get across is what you have already figured out......there are options, and we just have to meet adversity one thing at a time. I truly only meant well!

Hugs--

NO, NO, NO...you did not upset me in the least...I AM upset with the way the Medicaid and Family Service systems work...you know, you gotta be practically living on the street with no job for them to help you...at least that's how it is in Missouri. Heck, I've been trying to get child support through CSE for YEARS and still receive NOTHING. Seems the folks that ARE trying to support themselves, just having a hard time doing it, can get NO help whatsoever. Ok, now that I'm done with the about the "system", I know it is one of those things that fall under the category of "things I cannot change".

Back to your post Lulu...it actually had the opposite effect...instead of upsetting me, I ended up thinking, sheesh, here you are whining and look at what she's dealing with...I actually owe you a big thank you for the reality check!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

((((((((mishelly))))))))) I live in Columbia, MO, so I know what you are talking about exactly. Our state is going through some horrific changes right now. Makes me want to think about leaving!

Hang in there, hon'. It will get better.

Hugs--
Old 07-02-2005, 05:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

hey mishelly, i really, really hate those periods of growth that my high power send me.
and always at the worst possible time! but i that i can't and god can. not that i set on my a** and expect him to do all the work. but i can turn the worry and depression over to him so i can get back to business. take whats mine and give back the rest.
your freinds all have given good feedback.
hang in there, it does get better.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovering from 10 yrs of Weed

I don't think they can garnish your wages. You have a child to support...I think it's only the government that can garnish. That just doesn't seem right. I would get ahold of the department of social and health services for your state and ask them for an attorney referrel for low income..and have that looked at...cause there is something fishy there.

Also, tell them that you have to get back on with state medical benefits because your son needs his meds and you can't afford them. If someone gives you a hard time..ask to have a different social worker evaluate your case.

There are lots of resources out there for low-income people. Believe me...I have been using them for quite awhile..trying to get on my feet as a single mom...and I have just recently gotten off welfare ...have a great job and new husband. It would have been much harder without the state's help.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

(((((((((Mishelly)))))))))

Thinking about you.
Hugs
Pearl
Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Hey everybody...thanks for all your replies. Well, it's Tuesday, the holiday weekend is over...and I'M STILL SOBER!!!

I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it through the weekend, but the strangest thing happened...we have a new member in my group who has been struggling worse than I have lately and somehow I ended up spending a lot of time with this person over the weekend, talking about recovery and whatnot. I needed that...talking with this person took my focus off of self and that had a big role in keeping me sober this weekend.

I've come up with a plan for getting back on track with my landlord (just hope he accepts it, but if not, I'll just have to come up with another way) and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that bankruptcy might be my only option to get out from under the garnishments. I was told that they can legally take up to 25% of my pay if they want.

Baby steps...one thing at a time...and knowing that I have a hp that will never give me more than I can handle...this is what I'm focusing on today.