Goodbye.

Old 06-26-2005, 04:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Laurie - that sounds a lot like how Mike told me that he didn't really want me to never come here again...and sometimes, they have something pretty special to say about us here. Mike just posted one in Nar-anon, kinda for me, but thanking everyone for what has come to us both from my time at SR...big jerk made me cry.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
To Life!

"...big jerk made me cry."
Cool....
One person touched another...
...Really cool! Jerk or not!
Shalom!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

namommy,
I am glad you and your hubby worked it all out and came to an understanding!
Someone else wrote a reply {can't remember who...sorry!} that simply said "Balance" and I agree with that.
Computers and especially forums can be quite habit forming...actually addictive! I know there are alot of lonely people out there in this old world and it is great that people can form friendships and all online, but it really does not compare to the people in our lives that really matter, nor the people that we could be making friends with and hanging out together...the ones we can actually reach out and touch.
I am sure you don't need me telling you all that, but I just wanted to say that I fell into a sort of computer addiction awhile back on another forum site and it literally consumed me! I am glad I got away from it and am spending more time in the 3-D world now! I still come here to post now and then and to read, but I don't feel like I "have to" anymore. The people here are, and have been wonderful to me and everyone just posts when they want or need to and that is cool with me.
Best of luck to you! Take care!
Jane
Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ****_OReiley
uhhhhhhhh, laurie, about the computers and the replies

IT'S MY CITY AND I CAN DO HAT I WANT!

(Sgt. O'Reilley........... BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
Old 06-26-2005, 07:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

We discussed it, and he knows I have a good balance in my life. He just needed something to zing at me because of all the crap I was zinging him with.

In all honesty, I am embarassed to admit that I was acting like the selfish, spoiled rotten brat that my parents raised. I always got what I wanted, and sometimes I can't get past that childish part of me. Especially when it is something that I want so badly like the Round-up.

We usually have a huge melt down, F-you, screaming match about once a year. At least we got it over with fairly early in 2005. *lol*
Old 06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by namommy

We usually have a huge melt down, F-you, screaming match about once a year. At least we got it over with fairly early in 2005. *lol*
Thats cool.Now,if you guys have your meltdown again in 2006.Try and do it and get it over with in time to make the round-up in Palm Springs.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

damn............

I just got to work and saw the thread in NA forum telling me to come here b/c you were leaving and I started to read this thread and it got me sad.........till the middle. Laurie, you are important to my recovery, you have given me great suggestions on little situations I've had to deal with since I got here. I am soooooooooo glad things worked out.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

(((Laurie))) I dont' need to say anything else.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Lightbulb

someone mention Zing?

BTW,

more then likely, there's more to it then not. Sit down and have a heart to heart talk.

LOL

Like you said, making up is the best part of fighting
Old 06-27-2005, 08:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carchick4life
Um your husband sounds like a jerk. Well he's being jerk. If this site is helping you then tell him to take flying f*** off a bridge sideways. He shouldn't have controll over what you do. I think you should stay.
Er - I know that living a balanced, meaningful existance is key to my recovery. my girlfriend is part of that.

if i was just recovery then what would be left of me? BW said we have to live our lives.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

laurie

i have had to pull myself away from SR more than once over the last year or so- sometimes because my ol obssess/compuls was manifesting itself in my on line time...sometimes because life was happening around me and demanded that i pay more attention to 'reality'...sometimes because i saw the mackat ego go beyond 'right sized...

i like gooch's suggestion- 'so long for now'
it has worked for me.

you know what a loving family you have here

hugs
mackat
Old 06-27-2005, 04:06 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((Laurie))))),
I didn't read the whole thread, I admit, but I wanted to tell you I missed you this weekend and that I'm REALLY glad you decided not to leave SR!! Hugs, hugs, hugs!

Love,
Eddie