Relapses?

Old 06-24-2005, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapses?

How many people here have relapsed after getting clean? Also how long did the relapse last? I'm having some serious issues right now and I need some opinions.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Many, many people relapse..... But some don't...
It's whether they find their way back that's important...

Have you relapsed? What do you mean you are having issues with relapse, I don't understand.

I myself have relapsed many times, but usually found my way back within a few months at most. I don't want to make that sounmd alright, but it is how it is for some (me )

Love, Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by angelgirl
Many, many people relapse..... But some don't...
It's whether they find their way back that's important...

Have you relapsed? What do you mean you are having issues with relapse, I don't understand.

I myself have relapsed many times, but usually found my way back within a few months at most. I don't want to make that sounmd alright, but it is how it is for some (me )

Love, Becky
So far I am 35 days clean and havent relapsed yet. But I am really worried that I will. This is my first time being clean in 12 years. The urges just wont go away
Old 06-24-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey, I am following you in 2 posts here

What I can tell you is please get some type of help. Do what ever it takes. If you don't have sobriety, you can't be a healthy person, and work, and I'm sure your employer wouldn't like that either. Does your employer know anything? Why do you feel they frown on it?

Just don't pick up again, the withdrawls suck. You are this many days into it, don't go back. You start hte whole process over again, and I promise it does get easier. The mental part is the hardest, you are right, but you'll only go back tostarting that from the beginning, and you are quite far into it. It's hard, but many here have done it... You can to. Just keep getting support, Love Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My employeer would frown on it because its a drug free enviroment. I have had this addiction before I even worked there. I have never missed a single day of work or been late. If they were to find out I was in any type of rehab it could ruin my future there
Old 06-24-2005, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

I haven't left quite yet, but in a min. had to post one more, I worked in a drug free environment. I didn't miss work, and it didn't seem to effect my work for a few years, but it all caught up with me, and the drugs began to play havoc on my whole system. I went through a couple treatments then, before finally giving up my very good job to drugs. I made some really bad choices, and wish i would have done more while working to help myself, and I did give in and tell all of the bosses, adn go to treatment, I was in a supervisory job too, so I thought it wouldn't sit well at all, and they all thought I was a really goody 2 shoes, no not Becky, but it's not about that, they were very accepting then for a while, until I continued to relapse, and relapse, and relapse.... They and I couldn't do it anymore, and I quit....

I hope you stick around, you can find help here. Gotta go, Love, Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

exdeath,
Your life is more important than any job. Addicts either get clean or die using. Go to an NA meeting and ask for help. I don't know what business your in but you won't be the first or the last to have this problem. We are everywhere and we have a hell of a time staying clean without each other. The obssession is just too G*d damn powerful. If you are thinking about using constantly you are probably miserable. It DOES NOT have to be that way. Go to NA..hell, u might run into your boss...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Wow Faery, yep you said it exactly right on!!! You'll be suprised the people that you see at the meetings, and you'll feel very at home... Na is a great help... Nobody needs to even know you go there. You can do this... If I can, realy, you can. Hope you come back, Love, Becky
Old 06-24-2005, 07:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((exdeath))) Here is something I posted a while back about relapse. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...eliefs+relapse
Old 06-25-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by exdeath
So far I am 35 days clean and havent relapsed yet. But I am really worried that I will. This is my first time being clean in 12 years. The urges just wont go away
Wow! First time being clean in 12 yrs and you have made 35 days. That is truly awesome.

As for the urges i am not suprised. I think it is entirely normal to be craving your pants off right now. Often when i get urges to use it is about resources. I dont have enough support and resources to draw on in my life. I wonder how much support you have right now as you dont say?

As for relapsing....i relapsed at 2yrs clean...it took me another 10yrs before i was able to put down the drugs again. My friend (also 2yrs clean) relapsed in the same week and died out there 6 months into his relapse.

You can do this.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dan

Yep...
I just relapsed. In two parts

Once on June 9th, and then the serious run a few days ago.
I had fifteen months away from all substances, including alcohol, my favorite poison.

Relapse is not necessary. Find support. It's out there.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

First time I tried to get sober, I went 6 months...not really a relapse so much as an interuption of drinking and wotnot...back out for a year, then made it to within a week of a year sober...long story short, it has taken me 15 years to get what will next month be 3 years of uninterupted sobriety...I don't consider any time wasted really(pun there), might of been nice to get it right the first time, but mebbe it took the complete loss of any personal relationships, homelessness and suicidal despair for me to realize that life is to be embraced and not avoided...
Love-B