Really Want It

Old 06-13-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Really Want It

If you really want it, you will have it. If it means enough to you, it will happen.

For if you really want it, you will find a way. You'll stop making excuses and start making it real.

The obstacles you encounter are not there to prevent you from reaching your goal. The obstacles are there to make sure you really want it.

When you really want it, you'll find a way around, under, above or through each one of those obstacles. And as you do, you'll be literally creating the value of what you intend to achieve.

When you really want it enough, it is in many ways already yours. Full and complete attainment then becomes a matter of going through the motions and following a path that leads surely there.

Decide what you really want, and be careful what you decide upon. For when you truly want it, you will make it so.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 06-16-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I bite.

I understand and agree but....

sometimes I have no idea what I want.

When I was a child, I was basically told or it was made clear to me what I was expected to do. It was rare that I had any input or that anyone asked me "Dave, what do you want?".

Now that I am older, that makes me angry.

Just one more thing I need to overcome.

To do that, I keep 3x5 cards handy and I jot down little notes about things I find myself thinking about wanting more of.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Grimnar
When I was a child, I was basically told or it was made clear to me what I was expected to do. It was rare that I had any input or that anyone asked me "Dave, what do you want?".
Dave, I have never really thought about it, but I was raised like you, told what was expected of me and I can't recall being asked ever what I wanted to do with my life. Interesting thought.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-16-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

sounds just like my mother.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I bite.

Originally Posted by Ann
Dave, I have never really thought about it, but I was raised like you, told what was expected of me and I can't recall being asked ever what I wanted to do with my life. Interesting thought.

Hugs
Ann

I have to wonder if that is common among people who develop addictions or other unhealthy habits/disorders.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think so. I was exactly the same - never given any opportunity to decide anything for myself, ever. I had no idea how to make decisions or even what I liked and didn't like. It made me very angry too, but I've tried to make peace with that part of my life. I definitely allowed my children to make choices and mistakes and to learn and grow. And, Grin, jotting down ideas throughout the day is a great idea!

Love, Anna
Old 06-17-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Guess I always was a rebel. How tempered I've become.....ok I can live with that!! peace of mind, no blackouts well we all know how it goes.

indigo