SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Open the door to recovery... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/61358-open-door-recovery.html)

CAPTAINZING2000 06-30-2005 08:01 AM

AHHHHH,

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL NOT STAND!!!

Early on in my recovery, I went 1 meeting a week. it was suggested, I go to more!! i started going to several a week. Built my AA foundation strong.

Nice thread

sarahjangel1 07-01-2005 01:08 PM

Zing,...Zing...Zing...

:bananadan ZING: You are not here by chance, but by God's choosing, His hand formed you from His love....Keep doing what you are doing..and all around you will be blessed with your gift....:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-02-2005 05:19 AM

Just a thought

:147: THE REASON AN ALCOHOLIC finds it so difficult to make both ends meet is that he is too busy making one end drink...... anonymous:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-03-2005 03:09 AM

"Many of us...

:celebrate "Many of us have found that setting aside quiet time for ourselves is helpful in making conscious contact with our Higher Power." Basic text p.92
How many of us consistently take time to improve our conscious contact?If you haven't established a regular regimen of prayer and meditation, today is the day to start one..
Just for today: I will set aside a few moments,once I finish reading today's entry,to pray & meditate. This will be the beginning of a new pattern for my recovery.:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-04-2005 07:45 AM

Just a thought...

"We learn that conflicts are a part of reality,and we learn new ways to resolve them instead of running from them." Basic text....p.87

The principles my program has given me are sufficient to guide me through any situation. I will strive to confront conflict in a healthy way.:wave:

CAPTAINZING2000 07-04-2005 12:42 PM

I'm Going To Have To Remember That 1:)

Originally Posted by sarahjangel1
:147: THE REASON AN ALCOHOLIC finds it so difficult to make both ends meet is that he is too busy making one end drink...... anonymous:wave:

SO TRUE

sarahjangel1 07-05-2005 03:19 AM

My journal...

:ilu "One addict helping another addict...is without parrell...one addict can best understand another addict..."

Basic text...if you don't have one, get one...thank you all for enjoying my posts..it's very important for my recovery ..to give back...anyway, the way I see it is...I am allowing you to read my journal...hahaha....have a great day today!I know I will..I'm clean & sober.....just for today...I will keep on, keeping on...:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-06-2005 04:07 AM

The rainbow....

:umbrella: :umbrella: If you want to ride over the rainbow,like me, [some days that is], to a land called happy, joyous, and free,open your mind to the posibilities.Try something new,if it's only in one thing, for one day. Find those things that work for you,and keep doing them each day.The time is now,because tomorrow may never come.
Remember:"Each journey begins with one step.":wave:

sarahjangel1 07-07-2005 03:48 AM

Just for today..

:wave: :tool: "One aspect of our spiritual awakening comes through the new understanding of our Higher Power that we develop by sharing another addict's recovery." Basic Text, p.51

Just for today: As I carry the message of recovery to other addicts, I will try and pay attention to the Power behind the message. Today, as I watch other addicts recover, I will try to recognize the God in myself.

sarahjangel1 07-09-2005 03:55 AM

:bravo "...the time has come when that tired old lie,"One an addict, always an addict," will no longer be tolerated by either society or the addict himself.

"We do recover!" Basic text p.86
We do recover.If we have trouble seeing the miracle of recovery, we'd better look again. Recovery is alive and at work in NA-in our oldtimers, in the newcomers flooding our meetings, and most of all in ourselves. All we have to do is open our eyes...
Just for today: I will acknowledge the miracle of my recovery and be grateful that I've found it.:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-10-2005 02:52 AM

How will you feel?

You know, at one of my jobs, it is so negative there, the people are so miserable inside, that they project it everywhere. Because of this reason,..I am going to have to quit. I can't put myself in a bad situation that will cause me to pick up. Negativity is contagious..I am trying to build myself a new attitude by beginning action..it's not easy to change, so why would I not change a dangerous situation??? Because it is a dangerous situation to be around negative. It's not what we say, its how we say something, and the actions that follow...

Just for today....I want to be free of negitivity. Today I will speak and act positively....:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-11-2005 07:02 AM

Just for today

:wiggle: Many of us have watched as babies take their first steps.Many times we feel like we can't take another step in recovery. Just like a child learning to walk, we sometimes stumble or fall.But our Higher Power always awaits us with outstretched arms.And like the child's brothers and sisters shouting their encouragement,we,too,are supported by other NA or AA members as we walk toward a full life of recovery.

Just for today....I will seek encouragement from others. I will encourage others who may need my strength.:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-12-2005 03:54 AM

"We share comfort and encouragement with others..." Basic text p.95

When we honestly tell our own story, someone else may identify with us. Serving the needs of our members and making our message available gives us a feeling of joy.Serving gives us opportunities to grow in ways that touch all parts of our life.Our experience in recovery may help them deal with their problems, what worked for us may not work for them.By sharing the experience of our recovery with newcomers we help ourselves stay clean....:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-13-2005 03:20 AM

:hello2 "If we are hurting, and most of us do from time to time, we learn to ask for help." Basic text p.80

Sometimes recovery is very hard, especially to get humble enough to ask for help.The reality of recovery is simple: Whether we have 30 days or 30 years clean, we must be willing to ask for help when we need it. There is an old saying in NA that is:We can't save our face and our ass at the same time....The taste of humility is never bitter, the rewards sweeten our recovery.

Just for today: If I need help, I will ask for it. I will put humility into action in my life.:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-14-2005 03:08 AM

"Social acceptibility does not equal recovery" Basic text p.21

Looking normal is very different from being normal.Acceptability in the eyes of the world is a benefit of recovery;it is not the same thing as recovery.We can enjoy the benefits of recovery but we must take care to nurture their true sorce.Lasting recovery isn't found in acceptance from others, but in the inner growth set in motion by the 12 steps.

Just for today: I know that looking good isn't enough ,lasting recovery is an inside job.:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-16-2005 05:01 AM

:wiggle: When I am willing to accept both my strengths and my limitations, I feel better about my life-I create a safe space for myself. Today, I accept my natural size....

'It is very necessary that a man should be appraised early in life that it is a masquerade in which he finds himself.For otherwise there are many things which he will fail to understand'

Arthur Schopenhauer:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-17-2005 03:48 AM

Help...

:grouphug: Just for today..I will have an honest program...I can't hold it in, I have to say what's on my mind.I messed up last Thursday. I didn't use. But, I came close to it..see, when I was in my addiction..we all did stupid stuff, anyway...I use to steal things...I guess I had been doing in for years, even before I used. I have a problem with it..I guess I was feeling so depressed, I didn't realize what I was doing. Anyway, I got caught. I think in the back of my head, I wanted to. Isn't that stupid?? I made a mistake. So, when I bonded out {actually mom & boyfriend did}. The next day, I called my probation officer and told him what happened. I have been so good for almost a year, and what do I do? Mess up...I feel so stupid..but I called him, before he found out. I cried to him on the phone..why would I destroy all the credibility I built up? It makes no sense at all...please someone, give me some advise...:jeez

sarahjangel1 07-18-2005 04:02 AM

:thanks: Today I know, its okay. I feel good today, on the inside. I am not a wreck today. Just for today, I will stay clean. All we have is this moment. How many moments before this, did we get high?? We wasted our lives, every moment...today I will celebrate my life. Not worry about my mistakes, talk about them, and do my service work...Thats what I have to do in my program. Find what works for you, and keep doing it....:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-19-2005 04:10 AM

Just for today: Dreams that we gave up long ago can now become realities. Basic text p.68

Perhaps when we used, we dreamed of the day when we would be clean.The day has come.We can use this day to make our dreams come true. Today I will remember that all things begin with a dream. Today, I will allow myself to make my dreams come true.:wave:

sarahjangel1 07-20-2005 04:08 AM

WE do recover!We can stay clean and enjoy life, if we remember to live "Just for today"..As we recover, we gain a new outlook on being clean. We enjoy a feeling of release and freedom from the desire to use. We come to know happiness, joy, and freedom....:wave: